2010 Tdi?

TwiztedMetal

cummins crusaider
How are power adders coming for the new TDI's? A dealership near me is touting good mileage...but im interested in a nice eco-rod :)

Dom

I just got to drive a chipped one, and it was allright...probably a 16-second ride. I think it was about 30whp 70wtq more than stock. Mileage is in the mid 30s city/highway/driving it like you stole it/ which is pretty good, but I'd like to see better, especially when the BMW 335d is getting 25/35 and nearly runs 13s off the showroom floor.

I'd like to know to. We had a '09 Tdi then it went swimming in some flood water and now have a 2010 to replace it. THe new one seems a little peppier.

Id like to see what can be done with the european turbo, a nice FMIC, a dpf doc delete and a good custom tune.

the problem are that most serious tdi guys are not into cutting out big emission equipment like we are. not many tuners willing to tune a dpf delete on a road going tdi knowing there breaking the law.

the problem are that most serious tdi guys are not into cutting out big emission equipment like we are. not many tuners willing to tune a dpf delete on a road going tdi knowing there breaking the law.
I'm good friends with one of the most respected tdi tuners and I've picked his brain on this very subject.

You hit the nail on the head Woody, the potential legal ramifications are just not worth the potential profit. It's common to see a late model truck that is actually "off road use only". How many caged and gutted 09' or 10' tdi's do you see on a trailer to a racetrack?

If the car was smog tested/inspected, failed OBDII readiness monitors, and they scanned the computer and found the software, it could come back to the tuner with a couple hundred $ in fines and potential jail time.

He did say that he does have the dpf and egr delete software and if you show up with a caged and gutted one on a trailer, he'll tune it.

The common rail tdi motors have amazing potential without all the emissions bs. It's a shame it's such a crime to remove it all haha. Audi A4R4 450HP CBEA (CR) Build - TDIClub Forums

its a shame, those new jettas and golfs are sick. i would love to own one but i dont want a dpf and all that stuff. those new jettas are smaller than my passat and have better technolgy but they get the same mpg as it. its a shame.

Back