2012 3500 Mega DRW questions..

Mooring Product

I just don't care
Debating on joining the CumminGs group but have some basic questions.

Will need tuner, delete and exhaust. I like the idea of an all in one setup for tuning and gauges..what unit?

Would also like to either drop the ace or raise the nose. Truck will be carrying a 4000lb truck camper on the weekends so I dont want to lose carrying capacity.

Any other things Im missing?

Mini maxx for the tuner/gauge combo. Tons of people use them and they are easy to use.
You can drop the rear of your truck without losing carrying capacity. There are three shims/spacers under your spring pack that you can simply move to on top of the springs. Take the line-up peg out of the bottom shim and put it in the heavy helper spring. That's how I did my truck and I like the look of it. It's not perfectly level but much better that stock.

Well, deletes are easy to come across. Now delete tuners/software, not so much. The EPA shut down most everybody on that so you will have to find them second hand at a premium.

As far as dropping/leveling, I would suggest a good leveling kit. I have a thuren kit with his overland shocks. I think its rides fantastic. I also have bags in the rear.

Have you bought one yet? If not there are a few nice trucks for sale on here. A couple nice crew cabs and a mega I think.

Well, deletes are easy to come across. Now delete tuners/software, not so much. The EPA shut down most everybody on that so you will have to find them second hand at a premium.

As far as dropping/leveling, I would suggest a good leveling kit. I have a thuren kit with his overland shocks. I think its rides fantastic. I also have bags in the rear.

Not always true. If you know people tuners are MSRP priced..... Smarty's ME software is easily found on a few data bases and many people are willing to share their copies of the ME software.

I have been but I'm looking for a specific truck. Must be short bed and all white.

I'm not worried about getting the " proper" tunes.

I do like the ride of my 12, especially when compared to the 03. The 03s price was alot nicer. There are still sellers out there that arent trying to rape a person looking for race tuners, you just have to look a bit.

I hear that! I dumped 3 of my 3rd gens for the look and ride of the 4th gen. No comparison!

I am in a Dodge for the first time in my life. I love the 2012. First one that came close to the interior and road manners of the Fords. 5 mpg better than my 6.7 Ford too.

Welcome Pete! Glad to see you're finally gettin' some sense. :poke: :hehe: The only feature you so desire on your new mega is the one biggest flaw of the whole deal....the short bed.

Good luck with your search!

Ya I'm the odd guy. It's a very short bed..6'3 compared to Ford 6'7. It works for me but wish it was a standard short bed.

That's good to hear Don. What after market goodies you running?

Back