2012 6.7 wiring/fuel pressure issue need help

Cummins6.7trip

Long story short a buddy of mine brought me his truck an his fuel pressure was maxed out at idle 25,000 psi. Truck has Efi from Hardway an a mini max has his gauges. So my first thought was fca stuck but when I data logged the truck disiered fuel pressure was an unreal number like 45,000 psi an actule pressure was like 100,000. So I changed from my truck the rail sensor an the fca still no change. Bought schematics checked the sesnor wires to the ECM plug an the fca wires even put a new fca plug on the harness. I was leaning towards the ECM an a local diesel shop had one out so I put it in a just turned the key on an data logged the fuel pressure was still messed up. The actual fuel pressure was still just bouncing around even tho the truck was off. Next I put it all back together an started it up the truck runs ok doesn't sound like the fuel pressure is maxed out but it thinks it is. I'm just out of ideas on what to do. One thing I noticed that in my data logg the truck said the main injection timing was -60 an it never changed even when I would rev the truck up. It's throw rail sensor to high an the ETC (z) lights on also the dash was shower service exhaust an I could clear it. If anybody has any ideas on it could I'm all ears cause been working on it for a week now with no luck. Know I'm forgetting some things that I tried but that's most of it. Thanks

Back