2012 EGR cooler delete

sledshaker

Do you need to drain some coolant out before doing the delete? Looked at the directions and it doesn't say to, but wondered how much will come out when taking off the lines. Thanks

not much comes out, if you keep the cooler as level as you can when taking it out you won't make as big of a mess

What does everyone do with the exhaust sensors when you replace it? Do you just tie them up somewhere or do you need to unplug them?

I usually just zip tie the sensors in a some what hard to see area so if need be they can go back to stock but don't look stupid hanging out underneath the hood

Another question, does it matter when you load the tuner onto the truck? Wasn't sure if I should do it before deleting it or if it mattered?

Another question, does it matter when you load the tuner onto the truck? Wasn't sure if I should do it before deleting it or if it mattered?

I think I loaded the tuner before I deleted, because my tuner would protect from a code whether it was deleted or not.

I'm assuming you're doing your exhaust at the same time as the EGR delete, but I believe H&S recommends loading the tuner first - that way if you have any problems getting the tuner to load your truck will still drive, if you remove everything and then can't get the tuner to load your truck won't operate...

Good info, I will be doing this to my boss' truck in the next few weeks.

Word of experience make sure to load the tuner to the truck FIRST!! I DIDN'T do that. Had a corrupt file in program. Luckily was able to update tuner and got it working. Was a tense few hours thinkin I screwed my new truck over!!!

Loaded the tune last night, and took a peek under the truck at the exhaust. Holy crap they have a lot of BS on there. Did any of you all unplug the sensors form the harness, and if so what did you do with the open end of the connector? Thanks in advance for all the good info.

The sensors in the exhaust? I unplugged them all, then wrapped in black tape and zipty so they aren't visable. The sensor with the hoses connecting to the hard lines I unplugged then removed the entire sensor. IIRC its by the bellhousing. Be a good idea to have help getting the stock exhaust out....its heavy!!!

People have been killed from falling DPF/exhaust systems. Be careful!

Just alittle hint if no one told u.if u purchased a turbo back kit u have to drop the crossmember out of the way to get the stock downpipe out.

Thanks guys, I thought i would try to take it out in sections that I can handle.

You may know this, but on mine it was necessary to lower the tranny cross brace (hold up the tranny with a jack) in order to get the downpipe out without cutting it.

You can easy do it with one man

Back