2012 Jetta TDI tuning?

CookCR

Any good tuners for these things that will do a DPF delete, I've only found one (Malone) but was wondering if there were other options. Anyone have experience with any of the companies?

Malone is about your best option. Honest people sell the same stuff Kerma sells.

Other options are out there but they're gas car tuners and TDI's are not their primary focus like Malone.

Honestly KERMA has been doing it a lot longer , and specialize in TDI. Charlie at KERMA spends a lot of time developing tunes for the newer TDI’s. They are truly the largest of the TDI parts houses around.

Kerma doesn't do common rail tunes.

Kerma didn't start tuning on his own. I won't go into this but its enough to prevent me from ever sending a dollar his way.

Honestly KERMA has been doing it a lot longer , and specialize in TDI...

This is 100% false, Mark Malone (formerly diesel inside) set Kerma up with there original custom tuning, prior to that they were a re-seller for Jeff@RC. Mark turned you down for your TDI project after researching you on here, and the yellow bullet, and Kerma gladly gave you out freebies. So here you are pushing false information in support of that.

Mark has been at this for over 10 years. I know because one of my first tunes was from Mark 10 years ago. The only other company around at that time was upsolute (I had one of their tunes as well).

I am as OG as they get in vw diesel performance, so if you are going to bother posting make sure you have your facts first.

Last edited:
You can try rocketchip i am not sure if they list newer jetta on their site but i believe they have a tune for it.
http://www.rocketchip.com

I would watch doing much to 2012 if you are wanting to keep your warrenty vw are one of the worse if you have any mods

KERMA can, and offers the parts to go with it ,

KERMA TDI

1-877-KERMA TDI
537-6283

They don't tune them, I actually called them because they are a local company; he tried to sell me a water meth kit.

Whats is your factory power rating?

140HP, I dynoed it at the last dyno day and it put down 142 (with a CF). It's a pretty decent runner but I'm sure there is more to be had. I've put 9 tanks of fuel through it and I'm sitting at 47.0avg hand calculated.

Thanks for all the advice, looks like I'll be going with Malones Stage 2 tune. It doesn't look like he sells the pipe, anyone have an outlet for that?

Last edited:
Holey hell, I just googled Kerma TDI and theres one making 400hp putting a whoopin on a 600cc streetbike thats impressive. I love it! My girlfriend has a 2010 2.5 jetta I wish was a tdi might have to be some day ;)

What about gauges for this thing? How many PSI gauge should I be looking at for boost, and what about a pyro? Does anyone make a monitor that uses factory sensors so I don't have to plumb anything?

The limit on the DSG trans hasn't been pushed in NA on a TDI yet, as far as I know. There are tunes for them. The stock torque limiter is around 250ft-lbs.

The limit on the DSG trans hasn't been pushed in NA on a TDI yet, as far as I know. There are tunes for them. The stock torque limiter is around 250ft-lbs.

250 @ the wheels or crank? 140/236 stock, 250 crank isn't much of an inprovement.

250 @ the wheels or crank? 140/236 stock, 250 crank isn't much of an inprovement.

250 at the crank I believe. A DSG tune fixes that problem :)

Many Malone Stage 2 cars are running over 300ft-lbs on DSG with a DSG tune.

250 at the crank I believe. A DSG tune fixes that problem :)

Many Malone Stage 2 cars are running over 300ft-lbs on DSG with a DSG tune.
So would you recommend a DSG transmission over the manual transmission in a new TDI Jetta/Passat? How much power over stock can the stock clutch in the six speed manual handle?

Back