2012 Smarty question

huck25

I downloaded the new dpf tune to see how it felt and for some reason as soon as you put your foot in it it goes into a limp mode/falls on its face. This is on sw3 only. Has this problem happened to anybody else? I know of 1 other person around here but they don't know what's going on either. Truck only has 500 miles on it so everything should work. Also is there a way to get rid of the traction control completely, as it sucks!!

Nobody has a 12 and a Smarty combo? It also appears to be happening with the mini maxxes too. I didn't think they changed that much between 10-12.

It's a common problem on the 12s with smarty, lots of threads on Cummins forum. No issues with H&S, I believe they had an update for the defuel months ago.

has this problem been fixed now? I am thinking about buying a 2012, and I have a smarty (just need to get software for 2012...

Ya Kevin the new l5 tune has been real good. 4000km's no hiccups except a bald set of tires.

Nice! How do you find the 68 rfe tranny playing with the smarty?

Hopefully Smarty as figured out the issue with the exhaust brake. When I had my Smarty on my '12, I had major issues with the exhaust brake intermittently working....and when it did work, it didn't work well.

The tranny is smooth but I've learned to not hammer it from a stop. Ease into it to 30kmh and punch it and it shifts smooth as glass. No problems at all with the exhaust brake and I use it all the time.

No prob Brian and as you can tell no issues to date at all since the L5 tune came out.

good news,, what level do you run on? Also, can you program the exhaust brake to stay on with the smarty?

How well does it play with the DPF, if I was to leave that on for the time being?

There are street legal DRS clean running tunes available that will work just fine with that.

Thanks Brian,, can you give me a link to download these tunes please?

Back