2013 Passat TDI

jimbo486

I had the opportunity to test drive one at the OC Auto Show in Anaheim this evening. What a sweet little car it is! Very nice and very roomy interior and for a 2.0L 4-cylinder, it has some pep in it! I'll be looking at purchasing a new car around the middle of next year. Initially, I was wanting a 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT-8. As nice and fun as that car is and would be, the $58k window sticker can't come close to the fully loaded Passat for $33k which gets double the mileage to boot!

Das Auto!

Just delete the DPF and both the EGRs if you want the engine to last.
Otherwise keep a close eye on the oil level for fuel dilution.

I assume there are delete kits available for both. How about good tuners? I've heard of Malone (?) and another but I can't recall the name.

Rawtek for DPF delete downpipes, Malone for a DPF delete tune.
Block off the EGR and you're good to go. The low pressure EGR will be deleted with the downpipe, you can delete the high pressure EGR with block off plates.

I'm new to all the emission crap. What does deleting this do? Benifits vs cons

Get in your bed, fart and pull the sheets over your head (dutch oven). Same thing.

The engine runs cleaner, more efficiently and much cooler. Soot is an abrasive, which means the turbo and engine as a whole will live longer.

Back