2014 Laramie 2500

Stole my Dad's truck today and this thing is great. Rides smoother than my 06 3500 srw but still rides like a one ton. Power is so smooth it's unreal and the aisin shifts beautifully. Exhaust brake is nice it's the first time I've drove a truck with an exhaust brake other than a tuned Dmax. I'm jealous definitely I know he is excited to get a trailer hooked to it come spring but it's a huge improvement over the old 24v of his. I'm very happy he finally got himself a new farm truck.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

What gears do you guys have in your '14? I was getting the ordering process moving and the dealer said I could only get 3.42 or upgrade to 4.10? Why no 3.73? Or is this like trans deal. Try try again until you get it.

My Dad's truck has the 3.42's.

Well hell. Laggy as heck I'm guessing? I thought 3.73's were a bit laggy in my 2012. Or maybe I'm crazy and it didn't have 3.73's in it and it was actually 3.42's. Spur of the moment buy on the 2012.

What lag? And pulls like a sum bish. I've always loved a 342 because it utilizes the torque.

My 2012 was laggy as hell even stock. I believe we have a difference in taste though. I don't do the large or anywhere close to large charger on the street. My truck now responds like a gasser just like I want. 4.56 gears and 37's. And I can run its balls off and not have any tranny issues. Which is where most 68 issues come from if you ask me. Geared to damn high.

I'm hoping the 2500 changes body style (just the front end really) in 2015 to match the 1500. Then I would REALLY want one, but still couldn't afford it. LOL

My 2012 was laggy as hell even stock. I believe we have a difference in taste though. I don't do the large or anywhere close to large charger on the street. My truck now responds like a gasser just like I want. 4.56 gears and 37's. And I can run its balls off and not have any tranny issues. Which is where most 68 issues come from if you ask me. Geared to damn high.

I'm right there with you....my '12 has 3.73's and I thought it was an absolute turd after I put my 35's on it. It's tuned now, and even tuned I'd like a little lower gearing.

Maybe the 14 tune helps the lag issue? Seems pretty decent to me. I've always been a huge fan of tiny turbos because I hate lag. And i've always had to fight the CO elevation. It ain't easy "ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!"

Maybe the 14 tune helps the lag issue? Seems pretty decent to me. I've always been a huge fan of tiny turbos because I hate lag. And i've always had to fight the CO elevation. It ain't easy "ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!"

May be the case. I haven't had the pleasures of driving one yet. But I'm ready too!

I'll post a pic tomorrow. But I gave the dealership a handful of colors to choose from and what all I wanted and said go grab it. Obviously giving options on it that were a must and then ones I didn't care as long as we stayed reasonable on the price. They came back with the color correct but it was a 2 tone truck lol. Fitting so I kept it. Anyhow got a laramie 8.4AN radio, black interior, granite crystal with silver at the bottom for paint, factory 20's, heated/cooled front and rear seats etc. Very nice truck. I really really liked my '12 but I think I will soon forget about it. My wife called me all choked up cause she saw the new owners going through town in our 2012 LOL.

EDIT: AHall mine looks exactly like the pics you posted on page one except with 2 tone paint. Same wheels and interior.

Last edited:
2200 miles and def gauge hasn't moved. They either forgot to put emissions on mine or something is up. Can't wait for wheels and tires. Needs em.

Oh and scaled it. Half a tank weighing in at a mighty 7940lbs. Fat b!tch

2200 miles and def gauge hasn't moved. They either forgot to put emissions on mine or something is up. Can't wait for wheels and tires. Needs em.

Oh and scaled it. Half a tank weighing in at a mighty 7940lbs. Fat b!tch

Dang!!

With you in it?

Yes. I weigh in the 175 range. I did have a grilled stuffed burrito earlier though. Could account for the added weight.

I'll post a pic tomorrow. But I gave the dealership a handful of colors to choose from and what all I wanted and said go grab it. Obviously giving options on it that were a must and then ones I didn't care as long as we stayed reasonable on the price. They came back with the color correct but it was a 2 tone truck lol. Fitting so I kept it. Anyhow got a laramie 8.4AN radio, black interior, granite crystal with silver at the bottom for paint, factory 20's, heated/cooled front and rear seats etc. Very nice truck. I really really liked my '12 but I think I will soon forget about it. My wife called me all choked up cause she saw the new owners going through town in our 2012 LOL.

EDIT: AHall mine looks exactly like the pics you posted on page one except with 2 tone paint. Same wheels and interior.

Well it's almost been a week, what do you think?

Back