2017 PPL Limited Pro Stock Diesel rules

So if i read the rules correct stretching a single cab long bed out to 158 is legal as long as its still oem chassis right?

There are a couple other trucks that are stretched in the middle. It makes more sense to do it this way and is no form an advantage over a 158" single cab with the frame added on to.
bface39acfbe27f28e18223e93501d2b.jpg
20b253a3219f6db98bcd6ea4239df1f9.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Why not just put the axle back on the frame, rather than adding frame you just have to send some supports for the bed back. A lot lighter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

We started with a 167" cc lb. Rolled the axle 9" ahead and trussed it up. Then wacked 9" of frame off. Easier than lengthening it seems, so I'm glad we started with this limo

The way I have my hitch set up was just easier to do it this way. I don't know how much weight I added with the plate, but it was quite a bit. The tubing is just 14 gauge so it didn't add much.

Is there going to be any exceptions to the cab floor and bed floor being removed like bolting in sheetmetal and 200lbs in the bed? just curious because we have a gutted 3.6 truck and in our area the pulls are going away but more 3.0 pulls added every year. Been thinking about converting but don't want to put on a new cab and bed

I have wondered this same thing, we built our truck for 3.0 slotted NTPA in winter of 09/10.... We have lost most of those hooks due to the growing # and consistency of Super Stock trucks on a National level. Everything local has adopted ODL to accommodate breakage of 2.6 trucks, duh seen that coming when we built what we did... And they make specific rules to keep guys from coming back to the class that they wanted 8 years ago but no one wanted to look ahead to the better, more cost effective option. I was never looking to make ProStock power levels, just didn't want to repair my Driveline anymore... Then when they removed the truck bed rule we gutted Everything and made body tilt to make clutch adjustments a breeze and any work needed super easy!

I have a 3.0 smoothbore turbo ordered for local events. My plan is to show up and pull 7800lbs vs. the normal 8000lb guys that have bed floors. And I'll put whatever weight they feel is fair centered in the cab to make up for the floor and firewall not being OEM. We need truck #'s locally on a consistent basis, so the club presidents and other class members are wanting us to pull with their clubs... When I tell them "we can't" they just say, "wow, really, that seems like a silly rule to hold someone back.". We'll see how the first couple events we go to work out....

^That makes too much sense, it'll never work. Or just never win, and you'll never have a problem passing tech.
On a serious note, I like that stance on the situation and feel it provides a logical solution for helping more trucks hook

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

So I remade my hitch after talking to ostpa and ppl tec's stating that no part of your hitch ( pivot point or mounting plates) can cross the center line of the axle). Everything has to behind the center line of the axle. But I have seen a fair share of build pictures from this year with parts crossing the center line. So I'm just curious what everyone one else has been told?

OK well I guess it's never been enforced then. I know you couldn't go past the center line with the pivot point but I know of a lot of trucks that the mounting brackets do cross. Maybe only a few inches but none the less they cross and we all ways passed tech.

The problem is you didn't spend enough gs$ to get the right (get out of jail free) stickers in your windows

The rule book has been updated to specifically say "Pivot pin of drawbar can be no further forward than the centerline of the rear axle". This was done to clarify people's interpretation of this. The fixed frame or bracket it is mounted to does not matter where it goes. Just like when you drill two holes in the frame and mount the drawbar. The frame that it is mounted to goes all the way to the front of the truck which also does not matter because the rule is only concerned with pivot point location.

I have a 3.0 smoothbore turbo ordered for local events. My plan is to show up and pull 7800lbs vs. the normal 8000lb guys that have bed floors. And I'll put whatever weight they feel is fair centered in the cab to make up for the floor and firewall not being OEM. We need truck #'s locally on a consistent basis, so the club presidents and other class members are wanting us to pull with their clubs... When I tell them "we can't" they just say, "wow, really, that seems like a silly rule to hold someone back.". We'll see how the first couple events we go to work out....

Are you coming to play this year?

Gosh I missed all this internet diesel drama.. used to live for this yearly bickering back and forth.. :lolly:

first post in probably 3 years here..:bang

Are you coming to play this year?

Gosh I missed all this internet diesel drama.. used to live for this yearly bickering back and forth.. :lolly:

first post in probably 3 years here..:bang

Lol, waiting on rods from R&R yet.... putting together a different shortblock for this year. Ran into some issues, but I'm planning on being out at some point. Need to find a money tree...

Back