20x12 going to fit?

Cummins_Bred

Cummins R&D Tech
Looking at doing a BDS 6" Long Arm, 37x13.5x20 toyo open country and fuel Maverick 20x12's. I know the 6" lift will clear the 37's on 20x10, but i'm afraid the width and the offset may rub more than just on full lock. Anybody running something similar? or know someone who is that you have pictures of?
I just don't want to sink a ton of money into wheels to find out they don't even come close to fitting well. Thanks for any tips/help/experience!

i installed the 8" long arm kit from BDS with 37x13.50x22 rockstars (22x12) and it rubbed well before total lockout..i added the 2" leveling kit on top and it doesnt rub at ALL. You might be in trouble with just a 6".

BTW..this was on my 2010 2500 4x4.

Nvm, just checked. The Mavs and your rockstars have the same offset. So i'm gonna have to stick with a 10 wide. Thanks for the help solo

im actually ordering the 2 piece Mavericks next week in the 22"x12" and selling these wheels I have now.

I love the way they look. My buddy at work had them on his 08 powerchoke and said they were heavy as hell

I have a 6" long arm on my 07
20x12" with 37x14.50r20's.

No rubbing.
bedutepe.jpg

y7ygama3.jpg

vare4uje.jpg

spelling errors should be ignored from this device. =-O

any idea what offset those wheels are? Truck looks awesome man! I'm liking the subtle KCCO stickers

any idea what offset those wheels are? Truck looks awesome man! I'm liking the subtle KCCO stickers

I'll find it out for Ya. All I can remember is they are Gear Alloy.

spelling errors should be ignored from this device. =-O

Not gonna clear. I've got an 8" top gun lift and same tire size. 22x12 Fuel nutz wheels. Had to do plenty of plastic trimming to get them to work. Still can't turn real hard in reverse or it will tear some chit up. There are some pics on facebook if you are curious.
http://www.facebook.com/airdogdieselrx
https://www.facebook.com/airdogdieselrx/photos_albums
I'm with him ^^^ highly doubt you will be happy unless you trim the hell out of......everything.

And @ Zuk his 37x13.5" Toyo's are going to actually measure what they say. Your's not so much. Usually the 355's measure out to 36.5 (if that) when new. They are a hair wider though.

These are 355/60/20 or 36.5/14/20. They were okay with minimal trimming but first time I went out in the woods with them I realized I needed to do quite a bit more. As stated reverse was completely fawked. Damn near impossible to see in this pic, but I cut the front bumper on an angle. And modified the front 1/4 panel bottom rear. It's not the prettiest fix in the world, but no one ever even notices it.
7941FCD7-81D2-4BB0-B221-45E6C44F0D50-509-0000009A190C2790.jpg

99F7FDCD-14B9-44DA-9377-BA7D3529B978-595-000000D3AE1286DF.jpg

This one you can see how close the tire is to the fender. All I had done here was trim the inner fenders and pulled them back away from the tire and took a tiny slice out of the bumper.
775FF95D-99CC-4EEE-A89B-40FC0B5B1D57-595-000000CAD06552F5.jpg

Not to sure why you guys are having problems with rubbing.
Mine are close but they do not rub. For reference they are a 37/14.50r20.

Maybe its because of the long arm? I looked and my front bumper has been previously trimmed so maybe thats why.

I'll be right back, I need to go finish crying and swearing..... So i'm either stuck with doing them on 35's or doing a 20x10 if i'm understanding this all correctly.

Not gonna clear. I've got an 8" top gun lift and same tire size. 22x12 Fuel nutz wheels. Had to do plenty of plastic trimming to get them to work. Still can't turn real hard in reverse or it will tear some chit up. There are some pics on facebook if you are curious.
http://www.facebook.com/airdogdieselrx
https://www.facebook.com/airdogdieselrx/photos_albums

Did you go with a long arm lift? I don't know if they even offer a lift that big without new arms. I just have this vision in my head i'm trying to accomplish without chopping my new-to-me truck up already.

Thanks again anthony for letting me crawl all around your truck. I'll be calling top gun here pretty soon. the standard ~$2300 kit will probably be about all i do, I don't need to be quite as showy as yours :lolly:

Back