24 vlave put into a 12 valve truck

Fire_Fly666

Is it possible to use a 24valve thats been converted to use the P7100 injection pump, in a dodge truck that had a 12valve in it, basicle want to know if the engine will drop in and i can use the wiring harness off the 12 valve and still have it pass inspection in PA.

you bet . if you need anything or have any questions let me know. i am just 45 mins. north of you. i did one in a ford f-800

Well so far I have a non53 block that needs new pistons(my guess it was over rev down shifting) it turns freely, it needs lots of work but i can do it. Like my nieghbor said diesels are built to run forever not to be rebuilt, its gonna be big bucks. It also needs rocker arms and pedistools, injectors push rods, and a few odds and ends(thats why i'm building the engine first). One odd part that i can't seem to find anywhere is this fuel line that connects to theback of the head with (i think its called this) a bango bolt. I do know it connects to the fuel return line. And the manual that i picked up from auto zone tells me nothing with the bottom end. Any help would be nice.

Any 5.9 cummins will drop in, as far as passing inspection? Depends on how californian they are in your state!

Real diesels are built to be rebuilt in frame, unless some dumb shat runs the thing out of oil and damages the crank,(but them fagz are usually from san fransico and drive a kia,toyota, suzuki or you get the idea)

Last edited:
your best bet would be is a cummins engine shop manual. look on fleabay.

well in the county i live in we dont have emissions testing so i don't think it would be a problem.

Ok hear is all I'm gonna do with the engine.

bottom end girdle
main studs( connecting to the girdle)
h1 rod bolts
head studs
new pistons(if the ones i got off ebay aren't usable)
probly stock injectors....(the jury is still out on that one)
P-pump(of couase)
depending on what i hear maybe bigger delivery valves in the P-pump
aroura 3000 turbo charger
banks twin ram intake.......(this is a must have item)
ats pulse flow exhuast manifold
umm thats all i can think of...oh wait
3000 or 4000 gsk (can't decide which right now)
heavy duty push rods.
every thing for the P-pump conversion

yeha thats it for now.

IMHO i would run stock push rods. a lot of cam companies say the same. if a valve happens to hit a piston or anything in the valvetrain gets bound up replacing a pushrod is much easier than replacing any other part such as a rocker pedestal, lifter, valve spring, or cam. keep the easy stuff to replace the weak link if there has to be one. just my $.02

IMHO i would run stock push rods. a lot of cam companies say the same. if a valve happens to hit a piston or anything in the valvetrain gets bound up replacing a pushrod is much easier than replacing any other part such as a rocker pedestal, lifter, valve spring, or cam. keep the easy stuff to replace the weak link if there has to be one. just my $.02

Wow i can't believe i didn't think of that, I'll roll with it sounds like a really good idea.:Cheer:

Back