2400 miles in 32 hours

dangerous06

diesel tech
Just set a personal best time! Just wondering if anybody that hauls had thier legs and ankles swell up? Only stopped to fuel 4 times! Everything else was on the road! This sucks back to normal in 2 days but wow looked like a fat lady in Walmart!

So, how in the hell did you average 75 mph, even with only 4 fuel/restroom stops? That is insane

LOL yeah alot of open road in America Funny how Rush Limpbough is the only station in the boonies!! And Jesus of course so I needed to get the hell out of thier before that Banjo started playing!! My truck enjoyed a sweet spot at 90 tires stopped bouncing and all was smooth radar detector was an asset! Don't need no stinking restroom! Big cup open window throw and repeat as needed! Wind sucks it out of the cup faster than you can throw it! Had to redo the time somewhat add 4 hours for mandatory sleep before crashing!

Last edited:
I went from San Antonio TX to Beaufort SC (1200 Miles) in 17 hours in my 1990 W250. That's my record.

Have done 1100 miles in 14hrs before pulling a 4 placed enclosed sled trailer. Made it across South Dakota in 3hrs.

Truck got like 6mpg going that fast. Now a days we slow down and take our time. lol

I got mechanic hands and somehow rubbed the skin off three fingers!! Realized that just now need more Tequila!

Took 4 of us 36 hrs doing shifts to go 1900 miles to DPC, Loaded, 65-75 mph. Averaged 15.5 mpg out and 13.8 coming back. I said I wouldn't do it again...but we did it for Rudys and I still find myself missing doing long drives once in a while.

Just left Tampa Fl. and went straight thru to Green Bay, Wi....alone. Left Tampa at 4:58 p.m. and arrived in Green Bay at 10:45 a.m.............and had to change a flat in Kentucky or Tennessee.....its all a blur.

Bout to fly to Houston and drive back to Green Bay tomorrow.

Last edited:
did from Pittsburg diesel to my house in Sonoma ca in 38 hours straight.. I think its around 2700 miles.. with another driver, kinda.. the longest he ever drove was 3 and a half hours.. he kept wanting to stop and get a room.. I wanted to get home.... long ass drive in a day cab pete..but we could go 1100 or so miles before fuel stops.... then i had to go pick up hay for 8 hours when I got home.. I slept well that night...

Last edited:
Johnstown,PA to Denver,CO. 1500ish mi was Just me & took right a round 23hr strait thru. Stopped for fuel /vittles and took one little power nap on the west side of K.C. Drove it in the company I worked for's 1999 Ford F-450 pulling an enclosed full of tools and such. Definitely took its toll on me but by-gawd I made it home for my Wife's b-day!:aiwebs_024:

Did Elverson, PA to Great Falls MT pulling a gooseneck and back home in 86 hours last year. Stopped one night in a hotel, had to get some decent sleep. 4600 miles in 3.5 days

End result lol

peby9yry.jpg

You get rolling and it's like you're hypnotized, until something happens, or you get this feeling you need fuel.
I'd considered carrying a cooler full of water and sodas, along with wearing Depends and having a vehicle that'll carry enough fuel for 2500 miles. :hehe:

Just my luck I'd hit a traffic jam in some place like Winslow, Arizona. :bang

Mark.

Have done 1100 miles in 14hrs before pulling a 4 placed enclosed sled trailer. Made it across South Dakota in 3hrs.

Truck got like 6mpg going that fast. Now a days we slow down and take our time. lol

WOW! That means if you took the interstate across South Dakota you averaged 137.33 mph.

I could never blame anyone for getting across 90 as fast as possible though lol

Back