241 DLD from a 47rh to 47re???

wdimig

what are the differences between a 241dld that come out of a 47rh to a 47re?? i can get my hands on a 47rh dld transfer case, but it is going to be going behind a 47re, is the spedo being lost the only isssue? if it is is there way to put a spedometer out of a 47re case into the rh case??? i having the hardest time find the right case for the 47re, just want to know if i can make this one work. thanks for any help guys!

Wes

if i were you i would look for the 241DHD its alot stronger than the DLD even though my DLD had 254,000 miles on it & 500hp going through it & i pulled all the time and never broke it, so its a good t-case in my eyes, i just wanted a stronger DHD case cuz of more hp im sending through it now

i know i just need to get this truck backup and running, he will be finw ith a dld for now untillhe cna get somthing down the road. i need to knwo if i can make a dld form a 47rh work in a 47re.

I don't believe there is a difference. The autos are both 23spline to my knowledge.

Besides the speedo difference the housing length is different by one inch, swapping in a 241 DHD in place of a 241 DLD would require you to shorten the rear drive shaft and lengthen the front one. The gear lever bracket and everything attached to it would also require mods.

I think he was just asking the differences between the 241dld transfercases from different years/transmissions. I don't think he is swapping in a HD.

The shafts I was told was different. But that's all. What are the differeces inside of the DLD and DHD I am going to build mine just wondering what's the big differences?

Oh yeah, a friend told me there are spline differencies as well. Don't know this for a fact myself.

And yes, I understood that a HD tranfer was not to be swapped in. I just wrote the info here if that helps some. Or somebody else.

The shafts I was told was different. But that's all. What are the differeces inside of the DLD and DHD I am going to build mine just wondering what's the big differences?
the hd has a pto output and I thicker chain...there may be some other differences as well

Now that u mentioned it when I rebuilt my HD it did have a pto cover thanks for the info

Back