241 dld questions

Cross95

Golden Eye
I got a 95 4wd auto with the 241 dld. When i pulled the case out to pull tranny to go through it the only it had a grind at random times when i was driving it so I decided to check it out while the tranny was being built and that turned out to be the snap ring on the output shaft had broke and was letting it walk forward. Now since I've got it together and on the rode it has a very quiet slight grind which only happens if i get on it any harder than a normal take off and and it grinds like crazy when going into 4 hi or low. Could I have got something miss aligned when i hooked the linkage back up or when that snap ring broke could it have done some internal damage? Any suggestions would be great!

Another thing, the guy I got it from had to go through the transfer case because that snap ring had broke and he let it go to long. The truck has 223000 and about 25000 on the transfer case rebuild.

I would keep a eye out for a used HD one, be cheaper than fixing that one and stronger

Last edited:
I have to upgrade my output shaft to do that don't I because i've heard that they aren't they same size? I really don't have the money to put a thousand dollar billet output in it plus the price of a whole other case.

Back