241 tcase question

rattlindodge

So I have a 241 tcase that was from a 97 auto truck, the tag is unreadable, it has a one peice tailshaft with pto cover. Im just wonder is this a dld or dhd, or is there a way to tell. Also what about a 97 v10 auto truck, and chance it came with a dhd?

I am thinking the 241's with the one piece tailshaft are DHD cases. I read the other day that the DHD transfer cases were an option on the 97-earlier trucks. It is a good chance that the V10 has the DHD.

Well i found a local rebuilt 241 dhd(on the tag) with a two peice tailshaft. I didnt count the splines, and forgot to ask what it came from, but the guy said he thought all 241 dhds had a two peice endshaft/tailshaft housing? but they mainly had was 241c cases, cuz everyone here drive chevys and recks chevys.

My DLD has a two piece tailshaft housing. I was thinking the early DHD with the speedo drive had two piece housing, along with the small output shaft. The later DHD had a larger outuput shaft and a one piece tailshaft housing. Someone please correct me if this info is wrong.

94-02 dld cases are all two piece tail housings. the 94-96 dhd has a two piece tail housing same output spline as a dld but has the pto cover and the bigger chain. all the 97-02 dhd cases i have seen and some real late 96 cases were the one piece output with larger shaft. dhd's were options for 2500 trucks and and standard equip. in 3500. and the v10 had the same trannys as the cummins trucks so i would think they would have the same t-cases too.$.02

Back