241 transfer case 4lo lock?

robo121

I know theres probably a thread on here already but after searching and not being able to find it, ill just make my own. Anyways, building a 2.5 puller, anybody have a quick how to to lock the transfer case in 4low? I dont want to have to worry about it slipping out.

Only time I have had mine slip out, was crazy rough track, and the u joint shield hit the shifter.

It wiped out the teeth on the planetary, as it wouldn't stay in gear under load.

Last edited:
Im not saying it will. i just dont even want it to be possible. i know Haisley recommends it on 2.6 trucks, just figured id pick the brains on here before i called them tomorrow.

Im not saying it will. i just dont even want it to be possible. i know Haisley recommends it on 2.6 trucks, just figured id pick the brains on here before i called them tomorrow.

Should be pretty easy, you can either do it on the linkage, or I assume if you open it up, you can put a spacer somewhere.

I locked mine by taking the detent spring and ball out. I replaced them with a bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back