24v engine and drivetrain questions

northernslope

lookin for snow eh!
whats all involved in swapping a 271 t-case to a 01 24v nv4500 ??
is a dragon flow vp from Ind Inj streetable ?? worred about egt and smoke with 200 hp sticks and a silver bullett thanks,

I am getting ready to install a 271 in my 96 truck with a 5 speed. I ordered my 271 from Vernon @ Transfer Case Express. I have had the 271 mounted to the 5 speed, which has a 29 spline output shaft. The auto trannys have a 24 spline output shaft. Make sure you get the correct 271. It is a tight fit on the drivers side but will bolt up. I am thinking about cutting a little more of the frame opening out, just to keep the transfer case from rubbing on the frame. If you are using your CAD on your front axle, you will have to swap the switch to the 271, which screws right in. My shift arm and rod is supposed to work, but I may need to do a little adjusting, since my truck has the old style shift pattern and the 271 has the newer pattern, like your truck. The front driveshaft should bolt up without any mods. The rear shaft will need to be shortened, from what I have researched. I ordered my 271 with the fixed flange, like the Ford 271. This will eliminate the slip yoke on the rear driveshaft. I think your truck is new enough, the speedometer reads from the sensor in the rear axle. All in all, it is a pretty simple swap. I will know more by Wed or Thurs.

mine was an auto but the only thing i had to do was cut the drive shaft , t-case bolts right up, i did not have to notch the frame but it is a tight fit

Back