24v p pump 911

SmokinRamMike

GO NHRDA!
I have been having this problem where I can run around town under 40mph and under 2k rpm with no problems. If I take the truck higher then that if just flat out dies. Hard accelerations in to traffic will kill it and sometimes even sitting still in Park revving the engine will kill it.

I have so far drained 15 gal. of bad fuel out of the tank. Replaced the stock filter with two Wix filters(10 and a 5 Micron.) filled up with 20 gallons on good fuel and put a bottle of Diesel additive to help with a water problem I have been having. The Pump was just rebuilt and has not been on the truck for longer than 2 weeks.

I dont know yet. After converting I lost the port I used to test with on the side of the VP. Bu the LP is turned all the way up.

Okay guys I found that I could be another half turn out of the LP, but I only got about 40 psi at idle. I cant seem to get much more out of this raptor. Pure Flow told me it is capable of 50 psi. I dont get it.

Has anyone had any problems with the Pressure relief valve on the Passanger side of the pump. I got word that it might be releasing at 20 psi which is cause the inj. pump to run low on fuel while @ WOT?

Alright I put a shim in the Fuel return valve to hold more fuel psi, I changed the filters, rewired my TPS, and turned my LP all the way up and all I am getting for LP pressure now is 35 psi at the pump. Trucks is still shutting off on the highway.

take a pair of vice grips and clamp off the ruber return line just out of the pressure valve, you will keep pressure in the pump.........i did a 12v swap in my 98.5 and i'm using the raptor 150 that i ran on my 24v i cranked it all the way up and can get 42psi out of it. pure flow told me i need the bigger pressure regulator spring for raptor pump. i have ran the 24v spring cranked up for over a year with out running out of fuel(drops to 35)

^^^ not sure how that could drop the fuel psi, all it does is keep the fuel in the pump, rather than returning it back to the tank

Back