2500 dually conversion

mtboggs

I've been thinking about turning my 96 2500 into a dually and was wondering
If I could get away with using the single wheel axle instead of having to buy a dually axle. Any info will be appreciated.

From the little bit I looked into doing the same to my truck, if you don't want to swap axels, you'd need an adapter such as the stuff from arrow craft to get the bud wheels to clear. Although, for some reason in the back of my head I'm thinking I heard at one point that if you bump up to the 17" wheels from a common rail that they'd clear the factory drum, not certain on that though.

My cousin has everything to convert to a dually but we're in NC. It's a disc brake rear but 3.73 gear.

The SRW axle is narrower than the DRW which may cause the inner wheel/tire to rub/hit the leaf springs or the inner fender wheel well depending on which wheel/tire combo is used. Should not be an issue if no inner wheel is being used though.

I'd like to do the same thing to one of my trucks. Will they clear the springs, if so widening the wheel tubs isn't much of a problem. I pull a trailer alot and rear tire wear is terrible.

Back