2nd Annual TruckFest at McCray's Farm in South Hadley, MA

Iron-Hyde

Hey guys, I wasn't around for last year's inaugural TruckFest at McCray's Farm where I heard there was quite a showing for the truck pulls, dyno, mud bogs, and show n' shine. However, I am part of the planning and organization for this year's event and I want 2010 to put 2009 to shame! What we are doing to accomplish that:

Longer track, and we are trucking in new surface material!

Food and Alcohol On-Site

As of right now, there will not be mud bogs because of the damage to the field and because we don't want people to feel like there's too much going on that they are missing some action.

This event is in no way affiliated with the parts retailer that sponsored last year's event and didn't do fair business with people. This is being sponsored by McCray's Farm and the pulls are being run by MATPA.

We plan on having at least 2 diesel classes (2.5 Workstock and 3.0 Super Street), the 4x4 superstock gas, 4x4 mod, 2WD mod, street gas, and Run What Ya Brung fun classes.

The dates are September 18th and 19th, and we need you guys to spread the word!

no dyno this year?

what happened to the "sponsor retailer" from last year? ......although im still waiting on my prize of 4 shocks for highest dyno

ps- BAD weekend.... NED/ Englishtown/dyno day up in maine/ all going on that weekend as well

we have to get in touch with the dyno operator (brand x performance). is the dyno event up in maine using him that weekend? if i get enough people saying they are going to other events that weekend and they really want to make this one too, i will try my absolute hardest to get it moved to the following weekend.
that kid that screwed you and others hasn't been heard from since last fall, MATPA threatened legal action and not-so-legal action and he chose the lesser road still.

Hey guys, I wasn't around for last year's inaugural TruckFest at McCray's Farm where I heard there was quite a showing for the truck pulls, dyno, mud bogs, and show n' shine. However, I am part of the planning and organization for this year's event and I want 2010 to put 2009 to shame! What we are doing to accomplish that:

Longer track, and we are trucking in new surface material!

Food and Alcohol On-Site

As of right now, there will not be mud bogs because of the damage to the field and because we don't want people to feel like there's too much going on that they are missing some action.

This event is in no way affiliated with the parts retailer that sponsored last year's event and didn't do fair business with people. This is being sponsored by McCray's Farm and the pulls are being run by MATPA.

We plan on having at least 2 diesel classes (2.5 Workstock and 3.0 Super Street), the 4x4 superstock gas, 4x4 mod, 2WD mod, street gas, and Run What Ya Brung fun classes.

The dates are September 18th and 19th, and we need you guys to spread the word!

I'm good friends with the owner of APR that put the show on last year. Simply calling him last years "sponsor" is bs considering he concieved the event and did most if not all of the planning himself.

"that kid that screwed you and others hasn't been heard from since last fall, MATPA threatened legal action and not-so-legal action and he chose the lesser road still."

This is incorrect information, We have been in contact with eveyone from brand X to McCrays farm and there were no problems , and on the other hand who are you to talk about legal action when none of this has ever been brought up or has anything to do with you. Also in order to have a 2nd annual truckfest you need to have a 1st, Which has never happend, it Was the APR 4x4 Jamboree that took place last year and will take place again In the spring of 2011. I also suggest you remove all of your slanderous remarks from this and every other board you have them posted on otherwise you will be hearing from my attorney.
To say that I have no been heard from since last fall is interesting to say the least. Our contact information remained the same up until a couple weeks ago when we moved into our new location. If anyone has any questions or concerns with this please feel free to Give us a call. 413-277-0658

Who are you to talk

Anyone interested in more information regarding the real 2nd APR 4x4 Jamboree can friend All Parts Racing on Facebook and stay tuned for more information, or drop us an email at Gary@allpartsracing.com to be added to a mailing list to automatically recieve updates on the event!

"that kid that screwed you and others hasn't been heard from since last fall, MATPA threatened legal action and not-so-legal action and he chose the lesser road still."

This is incorrect information, We have been in contact with eveyone from brand X to McCrays farm and there were no problems , and on the other hand who are you to talk about legal action when none of this has ever been brought up or has anything to do with you. Also in order to have a 2nd annual truckfest you need to have a 1st, Which has never happend, it Was the APR 4x4 Jamboree that took place last year and will take place again In the spring of 2011. I also suggest you remove all of your slanderous remarks from this and every other board you have them posted on otherwise you will be hearing from my attorney.
To say that I have no been heard from since last fall is interesting to say the least. Our contact information remained the same up until a couple weeks ago when we moved into our new location. If anyone has any questions or concerns with this please feel free to Give us a call. 413-277-0658

MATPA is not Brand X or McCray's Farm. They are the pulling club you didn't fully reimburse. As I said, I wasn't there, I was told the story by the president of the club and others. It looks to me from the above post about a prize that wasn't received, that MATPA wasn't the only one that had problems with you. If you have any issues with the story I was told, you can contact MATPA directly and work things out like you should've done a year ago.

Sooooooooooo where are my shocks? i've called a bunch of times and talked to the girls and guys that answer the phone/ left my number.. and still havent got a word that they are in.

im not putting down show-- it was a good time.. and was hoping it was going on this year as well

and yes brand x is at the maine show on sat

last year- 780 hp #2 only
09270995153601.jpg

joel

also to update from my original post:

We have secured the dyno for Sunday, gates open at 10:30. We will not be having anything Saturday now due to conflicts with other northeast events. However, the sled will be there as well as a few testers, so if you have a truck that you would like to hook up several times for CHEAP, Saturday would be the day for it.

I am starting a roster for 20 reserved spots on the dyno. These spots will need to be prepaid. PM me for details. Everyone that wants to make runs after the first 20, it's first-come first-serve. There will be prizes for the top numbers, I am hoping to have 2 classes.

We are also looking for local vendors that would like to setup a display and/or sponsor the purses. If you are interested or know someone who may be interested, Pm me. So far only Marcotte Ford has stepped up, and I'd like to have approx. 10 vendors there.

Thanks, and I hope to see more of you there with this schedule change.

MATPA is not Brand X or McCray's Farm. They are the pulling club you didn't fully reimburse. As I said, I wasn't there, I was told the story by the president of the club and others. It looks to me from the above post about a prize that wasn't received, that MATPA wasn't the only one that had problems with you. If you have any issues with the story I was told, you can contact MATPA directly and work things out like you should've done a year ago.

I was the president of the MATPA last year. A contract was signed stating several things that were not followed through on. Our roller sat at the farm until this spring when I loaded it up on my trailer and brought it to Westfield. We also did not see the money from the fun trucks that entered, or the extra charge for fuel on the bill submitted.

It's water under the bridge and a lesson learned.

I will give Gary and the crew credit for trying to organize such a big event, and they did a pretty good job of it considering the weather kicked their butt on Sunday, but to not be able to follow through on a contract for 6 months (moving a roller 20 miles when there are multiple ramp trucks available), was not cool. Luckily the farm knew it was not us who left it there, but I still felt bad.

If you're interested in another sled pull with a different sled for the 2nd annual APR 4x4 Jamboree, Larry and Penny Wilkin's sled (Mr. Machine) is available for rent. Their daughter lives in Belchertown, so I'm sure they would give you a break on price....

Sooooooooooo where are my shocks? i've called a bunch of times and talked to the girls and guys that answer the phone/ left my number.. and still havent got a word that they are in.

im not putting down show-- it was a good time.. and was hoping it was going on this year as well

and yes brand x is at the maine show on sat

last year- 780 hp #2 only
09270995153601.jpg

joel

I saw your dyno run last year, pretty impressive.

Congrats!

what day is the diesel pull? i would like to hook it up the for the first time:rockwoot:

Last edited:
Hey Tim,

You should get ahold of Todd and see if "Throttle Bob" will run his Duramax on the dyno again. It would also be cool to see what Todd's rig would put down on the dyno.

Good luck with the event, it should be a good one.

I have to call him today i know. gotta talk to him about what to do with Derek, as well as what he wants to do about sponsorship.

to all,
So far i have 2 dmax's from out east on the dyno roster. I need some fords and dodges to compete!!

Might try and make it out there. Missed out on last years event, but will be in NJ for the Englishtown show on saturday and traveling back saturday night or sunday morning.

Always good to see stuff going on up here in MA though.

Back