2nd bad Griffin radiator!

skav

I noticed that the truck was losing water again, so I checked the rad. Sure enough, the epoxy is cracked where the tanks meet the core;(

Looks like I'm gonna call Summit for the third replacement. I'm going ask for a refund, then try to get the mitshimoto, but I doubt I'll get the refund.

Yeah, I had it fixed at a rad shop n threw it up on the shelf and threw a stocker back in.

The Mitshimoto was a lot nicer piece. The tanks polished and the tig work was nice. It also came with a drain plug and 19psi cap. I'll update in a week or two.

Still loving it? I want one but $750 is a decent amount that could also be spent elsewhere if it's not much better than stock.

So far so good. I haven't lost coolant since I installed it. It started getting warm in Cali last week and I pulled our boat around 700miles wo issue.

I say go for it!;)

This is my first posting so I'll try to be helpful. Try these guys for a 2nd gen
rad. I've seen the pics on jeep & cummins forums and they're definitely
Cheaper than Mishimoto which isn't bad when you see how much thicker/beefier they are. 4 row, 2 1/2" for the 2nd gen Dodge

Built TOUGH Radiators Part# 1553-4JDXJ

btr-radiator.com

Last edited:
Back