2nd gen front suspension

racedog98

What is the best method of raising front suspension height to clear 35 inch tires. Different coil springs or a 2 inch leveler kit ???

Better = springs
Cheaper = spacers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut the fenders.

Or put in front suspension stops. Kind of depends if you use the truck for anything but pulling.

Truck is super clean body. Hot street puller. Would really not want to cut fenders. What would be ideal set of springs and shocks for front. I block out the rear suspension totally and hang 1000 lbs on front. Truck is a 97 3500 that once belonged to BIG 12 VALVE on this site

If you want to do it cheap, spacers.

If you want to do it right:
-Springs
-Shocks
-Track Bar
-Longer sway bar end links
-Control arms
-and a quick front end alignment

You are indirectly getting into some of that "secret squirrel" stuff that guys spend YEARS to perfect. The front suspension is a major part of getting a truck to hook well, and a lot of guys don't like dishing out their setup over the internet. Your best bet is going to be to go to the track and make friends.

You are indirectly getting into some of that "secret squirrel" stuff that guys spend YEARS to perfect. The front suspension is a major part of getting a truck to hook well, and a lot of guys don't like dishing out their setup over the internet. Your best bet is going to be to go to the track and make friends.

Or spending lots of time and money. :)

Where the bump stops are I put a 1 1/2 block that welded to axle. Seen some use a 2 inch block also. That should keep from rubbing but still will rub when turning with that much weight up front also

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I even like Dave and don't tell him everything

Another option is less offset in the wheels. To put center of tire over the steering knuckles. Which would also help with bearing life when running a lot of weight up front.

Back