2nd gen injectors

tatersalad

ok so you all know i will be p-pumping my truck fairly soon and ive heard different things here and there bout not being able to run 2nd gen injectors with my 1st gen head? whats the deal? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks tater

Not real familiar with the 12V's of either generation, but isn't there two differnet diameter injectors? 7mm and 9mm I think? Could that be what you are talking about?

ok so you all know i will be p-pumping my truck fairly soon and ive heard different things here and there bout not being able to run 2nd gen injectors with my 1st gen head? whats the deal? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks tater
The 91.5 through '93 and the 2nd gen 12v heads are the same and run the 7mm injector bore (the '89 ~ '91.5 1st gens ran a crack prone 9mm injector bore).

The pop-pressure is higher with the 2nd gen IPs of course.

thats what i thought. just wanting to make sure. cuz i didnt want to screw something up right after i put them in.

If its only the pop-off pressure thats the difference, thats an easy fix. :D

well ill have a p-pump lined up and a set of 5x.014's already lined up soo SWEETNESS!

well ill have a p-pump lined up and a set of 5x.014's already lined up soo SWEETNESS!

How far are you from South St. Louis? There is a Bosch shop 5 minutes from the 255 bridge by Columbia that could reset them for you. They're 3 blocks from my house...

The earliest of Cummins, the Non-IC's, had the different spray angles but it really doesn't affect them that much.

I don't know what you plan on running for injectors. But if I remember right you have to at least run 2nd gen bodies. the p-pump lines wont thread on to ve injectors...I would just straight up run a 2nd gen injector thats what I did. Runs strong I wouldn't even think twice about the spray angle.

yeah im gna run a full 2nd gen injector and the lines and etc...but i might just throw a set of 2nd gens in now and see how they do with my ve lol

why is that smokem? just cuz of pop off pressure or what? but if i threw a set of marine 370's in there you say id be loosing power....

Stock injectors from the P-pump applications are smaller than the VE applications.

why is that smokem? just cuz of pop off pressure or what? but if i threw a set of marine 370's in there you say id be loosing power....

If you use stock P7100 injectors you'll lose power. You won't lose power with 370's.

Back