2nd gen money pit

nuljas23

I'm not really an introduce myself kinda guy but for the sake of getting 10 posts so I can inquire about parts in the for sale section here we go. My names Jason I'm from central PA where everything's rusted to sh!t and everytime you turn a wrench something breaks. I have a 99 ram 2500 I've had for about 6 years now bought it bone stock and have been working on getting it into brand new condition.

Nothing crazy power wise planned just an s475 unde my 57/65/14 sooner then later, I have a 215hp ppump I'm sending to Seth to be benched/maxed and will tune everything for a solid 500hp. Should be a clean cool running truck that has plenty of power but doesn't brake something everytime I get on the skinny. And I'm aware a stock pump will easily make 500hp but I'm sending it to Seth anyways.

My main goal with it is to make everything as strong as possible. Just dumped about 6k worth of parts into my front end including a true trac, 35 spline chromoly axles/cad delete, free spin hubs, DOR steering/suspension, etc...I'll be getting a GDP fuel boss tomorrow i should have installed this weekend because for some reason when my in truck thermometer hits 10 degrees I lose fuel pressure. I have front and rear road rhino WIY bumpers I've heavily modified still finishing up the rear then off to the body shop.

[ame="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/nuljas23/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9a8d15d8.jpg.html"]image_zps9a8d15d8.jpg Photo by nuljas23 | Photobucket[/ame]

How it sits now minus the free spin hubs

Welcome aboard. They do have an acquired taste for money.

Imbed your images into your thread. Select the picture icon above where you are typing then use the direct link that photophucket provides. (hint: you could make several posts for each pic)

image_zps9a8d15d8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't blame you, and I'm beginning to see that. What made you call it quits?

It's not worth either of our time to go over it. I think you will like it over here. It's all about choices, pick what works for you. LOL.

Fair enough. There's a lot of great info over here, that'll come in handy once I'm tuning my pump and compounds. Bought a set of stainless diesel piping used for a great price today now I need studs and a better clutch. Was going to build my own piping but for the price I picked this up for it was worth it to buy

He!! yeah. Unless you are a wizard at designing pipping, I would choose a vendors kit any day of the week. Worst case they get you 80% of the way there, hopefully more like 95% of the way there. How do you intend to use the truck? What kind of clutch are you thinking? I've been through a couple dual disks and a kevlar/ceramic single so I've got some clutch experience. So much experience I wrote a procedure complete with each extension, socket, wrench I used for each bolt... If I have to do it again I'll probably get it tattooed on my ass because that's the general area my head would have to be to read it.

Building the piping would be easy, I use to build pressure vessels for nuke plants when I was a welder so fabrication isn't an issue but like I said it was a good enough price is was worth the time saved to buy. I use my truck for everything, towing, unintentional offroading, recovery, just about anything. I'm probably gonna get a sintered iron triple disc from either Kenny or Valair I had a dual disc in my 01 I just sold and it shifted so slow I couldn't stand it. I have a Kevlar ceramic single disc in my 99 right now and it's been a great clutch but I'll probably end up giving it to my buddy and just buying a triple.

I'm not a diesel genius or mechanic so I highly doubt I'm going to be telling someone on here anything they don't already know. I've been a member here for a couple years so that proves that. I use the site for all the great information that's on here and being able to buy parts is a plus and helps out everyone not just me. I get as many parts as I can used to saved money. But I understand where you guys are comin from my apologies, it's not my intention to use compD as a cheap *****. My apologies.

Triple sintered iron? I'd like to see that in operation. Can't imagine that being very smooth, but then again I have zero exposure to the triple setup's. I'd probably run the single kevlar/ceramic until it slips. Kind of curious how much torque it takes to over power them.

It should be fairly smooth, from what I understand the ceramic triple is pretty smooth unless starting out in a higher gear so the sintered version should be even better yet and they shift like a single disc from what I've seen in a couple videos. They're expensive but for a truck like mine it'd be the last one I would ever need, and if I ever wanted to hook to a sled I could without any worries. With the free spin kit I have 2 low so backing in trailers with a jerky clutch isn't that much of an issue even if it isn't the smoothest.

Last edited by a moderator:
He!! yeah. Unless you are a wizard at designing pipping, I would choose a vendors kit any day of the week. Worst case they get you 80% of the way there, hopefully more like 95% of the way there. How do you intend to use the truck? What kind of clutch are you thinking? I've been through a couple dual disks and a kevlar/ceramic single so I've got some clutch experience. So much experience I wrote a procedure complete with each extension, socket, wrench I used for each bolt... If I have to do it again I'll probably get it tattooed on my ass because that's the general area my head would have to be to read it.

Triple sintered iron? I'd like to see that in operation. Can't imagine that being very smooth, but then again I have zero exposure to the triple setup's. I'd probably run the single kevlar/ceramic until it slips. Kind of curious how much torque it takes to over power them.

Whys that?

Making posts just for the sake of using the for sale section here is a problem. Make quality informative posts and the mods will stay off of you.

You appear to be a good guy not here just for the for sale section but that is why you are catching some crap.

Welcome to compd. More info here than most of us can use.

Probably because you were trying to get to 10 posts and bull chit posts to get to 10 will get you in trouble around here. Put your big girl pants on and enjoy the ride man.

Seems like you are a decent fella, just stop poking the bear. Take your time, get some posts under your belt and all will be well. Ya know you can also post in the ad of the part you are interested in. Also, welcome to CompD lots of good people here just go with the flow, use your head (its that lump 3 feet above your azz) and good luck!

edit: Damm, Underwood beat me to the "welcome"

Last edited:
When I started on the board it didn't take long to get the 10 post. I found the mods to be pretty decent, just don't be a jack wagon, or else you will be harassed by everyone. Lots of good info, and vendors here. Good Luck.

I made this same mistake few years back on another forum with just about same results. For your own sake, I would drop the subject completely and move on. :poke::badidea:

Back