2nd gen. roll cage front frame mounts

coldsmoke

freezing
looking for some pictures and ideas for the front frame mount extensions for a front hoop or door bars of a rollcage on a 4wd.got the rear main hoop in with some 2x4 box extension legs and gussets but the front frame goes inwards towards the motor for the front axle control arms right where i need to go through the floor boards, and the front body mount is right there as well. any help of what u guys have done would be appreciated

if you search I know ive have seen a 2nd gen cage set up maybe google images would get you to the closed thread better but really nicely done by someone on here don't give up hope I know its in here!! if not just remember triangle or sphere are the absolute strongest shape and anytime you go from frame out gusset it as well as you can almost like the cab mount style to the edge of the body cut a hole and weld it in.... I plan to do one in house here shortly on our company drag truck I always go over bored ive seen them fail and that's not what we want!!

thats exactly what i wound up doin. butted up to the body mount welds. i just seen some cages that r farther foward ahead of the body mount . have to remeber to crawl up under the next truck i c . thanks guys

76cbf2e7a5640a43e2b1ca9ba30fb3ac.jpg

73fd43bd2f061ddc2b0614af2b26a1d1.jpg

Back