2nd gen twin set-up

nike

"Can't have nothing!"
I've got my eye on a couple of turbos right now and was wondering your thoughts on how they would work together.

Looking at running a 57/65/14 wastegated housing, basically a super b over a S471 72/96mm/1.58 a/r housing T-6.

This is on a 2001 auto. What kind of hp can I see out of this set-up? Wanting to try the monster pump or II dragon fire when the current vp craps out.. Think this will be enough air for those pumps?

Any other suggestions or comments are greatly apprecited as this will be my first twin build. :bow:

Thanks
Nike

Good choice on top...WTF on the bottom?

Are you sure it's 96mm and a 1.58A/R housing?? That won't spool for nothing on a VP truck.

57 and 72mm chargers should put you in the 600's...warm to very hot EGT's depending on other air flow mods.

At least IMHO,
Chris

I think the 1.58 is too big also. Get to maybe a 1.32 and you should be good to go.

Ok... Wasnt real sure on the bottom turbo either. Below is what how the seller described the bottom turbo..

"S471 72mm wheel 96mm exh wheel 1.58 a/r housing T-6."

So you think I could spool it if it had a smaller housing?

Should I get this turbo and try to find a smaller housing for it or just get a S480 instead?

Will I lose spool with an s480 vs s 471? How much hp gain might I see with a s480?:woohoo:

I appreciate the help..:clap:

I've been looking at that same turbo, shame it's got such a big ex. housing. If it had a 1.10 or 1.32 it would be great with the smaller wheels for spool. I'm guessing there is a smaller housing just more $

You can get a 1.10 houseing on it if you wont to tow but for power and low Drive press, get the 1.32

If your going to the extent of a monster pump I would go with a bigger primary like a 62/65/14 and a 75mm S400

Didnt say thay anythig about the turbine wheel , 1.32 would go right on with the 96 ,think the 1.10 only works with the 82 and 87

If your going to the extent of a monster pump I would go with a bigger primary like a 62/65/14 and a 75mm S400

With a VP truck, I'd go a little bigger on the primary, but I'd probably keep the little 57mm on top.

I'm just not sure how well a 62 spools in twins...I'm not totally happy with mine, even with the cam and headwork on the 12v.

Chris

I think the one is on the sps website. It's a 69.4x95.7 cold and 91.4x81.7exhaust. It has a 1.58 housing on it and advertises 80 lbs. per min on air. With a smaller housing it would make a sweet bottom turbo. With the small wheels it could spool pretty good even with the big housing. You might have to work the small turbo a little harder to get it to light.

Didnt say thay anythig about the turbine wheel , 1.32 would go right on with the 96 ,think the 1.10 only works with the 82 and 87

Actually his first post said "S471 72/96mm/1.58 a/r housing T-6"

All of the 0.9,1.0,1.1,1.25 t4 housings I have seen are cut for an 83x74 turbine wheel from the factory. I haven't looked at the larger turbines as the 83x74 works very well for my application, and guys have had great luck and it doesn't seem to have backpressure issues.

I will be going with the monster or II at some point in time. This truck is not my daily driver and will only be a street/toy truck for me at that point. Truck will never see a sled and maybe see the track once a year.

Does everyone else think I should run a 62mm instead?

With a VP truck, I'd go a little bigger on the primary, but I'd probably keep the little 57mm on top.

I'm just not sure how well a 62 spools in twins...I'm not totally happy with mine, even with the cam and headwork on the 12v.

Chris

The head is being sent off for a port and polish job. I know I should probably run a cam as well but am unsure as to which one. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I will be going with the monster or II at some point in time. This truck is not my daily driver and will only be a street/toy truck for me at that point. Truck will never see a sled and maybe see the track once a year.

Does everyone else think I should run a 62mm instead?

The head is being sent off for a port and polish job. I know I should probably run a cam as well but am unsure as to which one. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I just put in a helix 2 while i have my head off. Heard awesome things about them, they are new not reground and they have the bolt on gear. I havent driven with it in yet as my truck is still tore apart, but ive heard its a very noticeable difference.

II dragon flow

I just put in a helix 2 while i have my head off. Heard awesome things about them, they are new not reground and they have the bolt on gear. I havent driven with it in yet as my truck is still tore apart, but ive heard its a very noticeable difference.

Bjans,

Arn't you running the II pump? What size are the twins you are installing? What are you running for injectors? Thanks for the help:bow:. :woohoo:

Bjans,

Arn't you running the II pump? What size are the twins you are installing? What are you running for injectors? Thanks for the help:bow:. :woohoo:

a i am runnin thier pump. right now i have 150 horse injectors but may go bigger ince i get everything back together! For the turbos im using my sps 62 on top and an s400 on bottom, i havent decided which one yet but i need to decide by monday.

Back