2wd balljoints and front end parts

kleann

VP44 pwr
Time to upgrade the 200k mile stock front end parts on my 2wd 99'. I've read alot and am trying to get a few more opinons. I've read carquest and napa balljoints are better than moog......? What other things should I do while I'm in there? Control arm bushings, idler arm, sway bar bushings? What likes to wear out around 200k? I'm trying to get it realiable as possible without spending too much on a 2wd truck. :hehe:

Whatever you decide to buy, check RockAuto.com for prices. I have bought several things from them lately at 30-50% less than Napa, Advance, Auto Zone, etc. Exact same part for a significant savings even after shipping. If you don't need it tomorrow, you can save some $$$$.

i just picked up all 4 for my daughters 97 2wd. 19.99 each at orilleys. lifetime warrente, 3 were made in china one in turkey. the lowers were a ***** even with my matco ball joint press.

Whatever you decide to buy, check RockAuto.com for prices. I have bought several things from them lately at 30-50% less than Napa, Advance, Auto Zone, etc. Exact same part for a significant savings even after shipping. If you don't need it tomorrow, you can save some $$$$.
Thats where I've been looking 75 a piece for the lowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2WD use tapered wheel bearings, not hub assemblies like 4wd, and being in the parts buisness, i wouldnt use anything other then MOOG, i believe napa chassis parts are moog or mcquay-norris

Yep, 10 or so bucks per bearing. :kick: Sorry riviera lol

bs, 2000 to 02 use a 220 dollar hub, timken ha590000, I am putting one on a friends truck tomorrow, believe me, I tried a way around it, do you know of one?

edit, I didn't read he had a '99

Last edited:
bs, 2000 to 02 use a 220 dollar hub, timken ha590000, I am putting one on a friends truck tomorrow, believe me, I tried a way around it, do you know of one?

edit, I didn't read he had a '99

Didn't realize that 2000 and up had those. haha 1999 or older front suspension then. Are his balljoints the riveted/bolt on ones then?

Nope not riveted. I replaced ball joints on my '98 2wd with Spicers, they seemed high quality. It's been about 25k miles and so far so good. Front end feels nice & tight, very solid truck at 211,000.

Back