3.0 Open Driveline Rules

schied rules are basically the same as ppl and which is pretty close to the same rules we run now in the cotpc but a 3 inch turbo

Scheid uses ppl rules. I was just wondering what the rules were out where there is a huge amount of trucks running them.

It would be nice if we went to this class to have more trucks built and run in it than we have. Its kind of funny but the little ole Cotpc has more hooks a year than nadm or full pull in the points series. It seems to get bigger every year and hopefully will continue to.
Ted

Last edited:
i know what you mean Ted ive talked to a couple of local guys that have trucks to run in the class if we go back to 3 inch rules. they are just not going to buy bigger turbos and pumps if they dont have to and i dont blame them they built their trucks 3 years ago. but if we detune that class we have to do the same with the 2.6 class somehow which im in for

I think it,s funny that someone that does'nt pull makes the rules for central ohio. Thats B. S. We need to have a meeting with the pullers that would be interested in that class make that decision. Not everybody else. We need the rules we had 3 years ago. It was fair and i did'nt cost a lot of $ to pull and we had alot of fun. Now it's just a money class. I can't spend that kind of $ on my truck. I work hard for what i got. And i do my own work to it.We need a fair set of rules. That would bring that class back to life.

very soon the cotpc will have a set date for a meeting and Every one that is in the points series needs to be there to vote for rules that will be locked in for a few years. if people dont show up and dont vote then dont complain. this has been in the works for a while just trying to get a date figured out.

you were not there last night gavin or i would have told you about it.

ted

These rules are from the CMPA.The same as the ITPA.The co santion with each other,

800. Diesel Trucks Only Maximum Weight 8,000lbs.

805. Trucks Must be in Safe Operating Condition

810. No Passengers Allowed

815. All Trucks Must Have A Three Way Dump Valve (Manual) Ahead of the Injection Pump to Be Operated From the Dash Panel and Air Shutoff Kill Switch that is Operated From the Rear of the Vehicle. The Kill Switch Must Have a 2" Ring and Be Mounted Directly Above the Hitch in the Center of the Tailgate Area.

820. Lap Belts Required and Driver's Side Window Must Be Down

825. Trucks Must Have Working Brakes

830. Truck must have Full Size Steel or OEM Body. The Bed of the Truck Must Have a Metal Floor. If Bed is Gutted 200lbs of Moveable Weight Must Be Placed Rearward of the Centerline of the Axle.

835. Interior Seats May be Removed Except for the Driver's Seat

840. No Fuel Tanks Inside of Cab.

845. All Trucks Must be Weighed and Certified. Under Hood Inspections Will Be Made at that Time.

850. Hitch Height to be a Maximum of 26", Hitch must be Frame Mounted, and No More than 18" from Center of Axle to Center of Pivot Pin on Hitch and Not to Exceed 25 Degrees in General Rules. No Transfer Type Hitches. Receivers Must be Made of Solid Steel with an Oblong Shaped Hole 3 3/4" Long and 3" Wide. No Pulling Point Above Truck Frame Rails with 44" Minimum From Center of Rear Axle to Hook Point. Rear Bumper Bars Required.

855. All Trucks Must Have Three Round Metal Loops Shielding on Each Driveshaft (Two Piece Driveshaft Will Have Six Metal Loops). 360 Degree Loop Must Be a Minimum of 3/8" Thick Aluminum or 5/16" Thick Steel, 3/4" Wide (or Wider) and Not More Than 2" From the Shaft in Any Direction. End Loops to Be Placed No Further Than 6" From Universal Joints, With Third Loop in Center of Shaft, or Can be a Solid Tube (3/8" Aluminum or 5/16" Steel) Meeting the Above Requirements.

860. All Trucks Will Have 360 Degree Metal Shield Around the Universal Joints, 3/8" Thick Aluminum with 1/8" Steel Insert or 1/2" Aluminum or 5/16" Steel, Minimum Width 6". The Insert Must be a Minimum of 6" Wide. Shield Must Have a Minimum of 2" Clearance and a Maximum of 4" Clearance.

865. Axle and Hub Bolt Shield Required to be Minimum 0.060 Thick. Minimum Diameter of Axel End and Hub Bolts to be Covered on Both Front and Rear Axles. Mounting Shield Cannot Be Mounted to Axel End or Hub Bolts. A Hole May Be Installed in the Center of Front Shield So Lock Can Be Operated, So Long as Hub End or Axel Bolts are Covered.

870. All Vehicles Must Have an SFI Approved Clutch and Flywheel. An SFI Approved Blanket is Required Around Bellhousing or SFI Approved Clutch Can.

875. Exhaust May Exit Through Hood of Vehicle and Must Point Upward. Two 3/8" Bolts Minimum Grade 5 Must Go Through Exhaust Pipe 90 Degrees from Each Other, Within 1" of Each Other, and Be Mounted As Close to the Turbocharger as Possible.

880. Engine Must Remain in Stock Location, Maximum of 17" from center line of axle to Front of Block. Engines May be Changed to Cross Factory Lines of Manufacturing (Cummins May be Put in a Ford or Chevrolet). Factory Option Engines for 1 Ton Trucks and Lighter are Only Allowed. No Aftermarket Blocks or Heads. Engine Maximum 460 Cubic Inches.

885. OEM Frame and Wheelbase Not to Exceed 158"

890. Maximum "P" Series Pump; One Plunger Per Cylinder

895. All Vehicles Are Limited to a Single Turbocharger with an Inducer Bore on the Atmosphere Compressor Housing No Larger Than 3" Measured at the Smallest Diameter Area of the Compressor Wheel. Compressor wheel must protrude through housing at least 1/8 inch. The inducer bore will be measured using a 3.05 inch plug. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore are prohibited. Map enhancement grooves allowed.

900. Computer Chips and Auxiliary Boxes are Allowed.

905. Water (Only) Injection Allowed. No Alcohol, Methanol, Propane or Nitrous Allowed.

910. Dual Rear Wheels are Allowed.

915. Weights Must Be Secured and May Not Extend More Than 60" Forward From Centerline of Front Axle. Weights May Be Fastened in the Bed and Are Not Allowed in the Cab of Truck. No Tarp Straps Allowed For Any Purpose.

920. Aftermarket Transmissions and Transfer Cases are Allowed

925. All Front Axles Must Have Coil or Leaf Springs and Must be in Stock Location. Adjustable Front Suspension Stops Must be Mechanical. Pneumatic, Hydraulic and Electrical Adjustable Stops are Not Allowed.

930. Rear Suspension May Be Welded.

935. Traction and Ladder Bars are Allowed.

940. DOT Street Legal Tires are Only Tires Allowed. No Altered, Cut or Recap Tires. 35" is Maximum Diameter.

945. All Drivers Must Wear Full Fire Protection Including Full Face Helmets with Shield, Head Sock, Fire Gloves, Fire Shoes, SFI Spec 3.2A-1 Driving Suit and a Full 360 Degree Neck Collar Meeting SFI Spec 3.3 or a Hahn's Device. All Helmets Must Meet or Exceed Snell 1985 Rating or Must be SFI 41.2.

950. All Pulling Vehicles Must be Equipped with a Minimum of 2lb. Halon Type or 2 1/2lb. Dry Powder Type Fire Extinguisher, Fully Charged With Gauge, in Working Condition and Convenient to Operator.

I think it,s funny that someone that does'nt pull makes the rules for central ohio. Thats B. S. We need to have a meeting with the pullers that would be interested in that class make that decision. Not everybody else. We need the rules we had 3 years ago. It was fair and i did'nt cost a lot of $ to pull and we had alot of fun. Now it's just a money class. I can't spend that kind of $ on my truck. I work hard for what i got. And i do my own work to it.We need a fair set of rules. That would bring that class back to life.

I assume your comment was directed toward me!
B. S. huh....Well the fact is this pro street class up until this year has been basically dominated by hot 2.6 trucks jumping up and making the class look bigger than it actually was. The rules were changed to try and bring in more quality trucks to put on a better show. Believe it or not the fans don't show up to watch the same 2 or 3 trucks dominate both classes.:bs:

p.s. I think it's funny when a puller can't hang in the pro class, and they jump down to the 2.6 class only to find out they can't make it into the top 10.

I still like the idea of the unlimited single class, since I have my Sigma bought for the truck I was building for that class.

Back