3-4 hunting

blackcloudCTD95

Lately I've noticed that my truck shifts into 4th gear around 35 when driving light footed (1300-1600rpm) or around 35iah mph. If you don't get on it & you let the truck stay between 35 & 30 or so it will shift back & forth between 3rd & 4th gear many times like the transmission is confused.( It's not slipping )

Last time it did this the drivers side positive terminal was really boogered up so I clean the piss out the terminals and replaced the battery
Now it's doing it again with clean terminals and a good battery no codes. Could this be rf interfearance with the alternator? Where you wrap the alternator wire in aluminum foil ?

Would the noise filter help in this situation?

I see there was 2 other trans posts but I didn't want to hijack it

Mopar1973man really gets into this. Check his site. It's a crap shoot good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine will do it depending on where the pot switch is adjusted. I have a noise isolator on mine, 1k ohm resistor in place of my tranny oil temp sensor. You don't have the tempnsensor like a rh though

Just do the pot mod Best thing I ever did to my old 12V. Got tired of messing with the tps

No I have a 47re my mistake if I said rh. The temp is reading properly to my trans gauge. It never gets hotter than 160*

What's the pot mod? The noise filter ?

1b6e5226743965f6586de9b9315fb169.jpg
This be it

Well I got some more info tonight. I put a new negative terminal on the drivers side battery cleaned the terminals on both batterys. Then I drove the truck home with the scanner and my findings were interesting

Engine idling the tp % and voltage was all over the place other than that every thing else was fine in check trans never got over 172* ect was 177* alt was charging 13.8-13.7 didn't act up what so ever altho steady cruise 1400rpm 30-35 mph tp was jumping all over 8,13,23,7% even tho the pedal never changed

I get in the drive way scanned.. it has had a code p0622 - generator field not switching properly or something looked it up it's either the pcm alt or 120a fuse have any of you guys ran across this ?

From what I read the tps delete or the pot mod is ford lockup issues ... witch I'm not having mine will shift into 4th then down shift to 3rd then back up to 4th I just ride around with lock up engaged and it doesn't hunt for gears

Same thing tps delete is a kit, I think pot mod more so is when someone refers to building your own kit , the delete kit is super simple to put in , maybe 15-30 mins

Back