3.73 to 4.56 swap

9712cummins

Swapping from 3.73 to 4.56, will the 4.56 work on the 3.73 carriers or is there anything specific needed?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think there is a carrier break at 4:10, East Coast Gear, Pure Diesel Power all have a diff wizard that will tell you. Very valuable tool.

Why those gears? Sounds like a gasser set up. Is this a single purpose truck? Not for street use!

Pulling truck only, talked to nitro gear, they said they'd swap right in with my existing carriers no problems.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had 355 on mine. Swapped to 410. Mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my personal feelings was it didn't make the engine work hard enough. esp at the track. killed fuel mileage also. I think it may have had a very minor help in the towing really heavy dept but I think id have been just as well of had I stayed with the 355's. any kid of traveling with the truck and not towing....seems just to run too high in the rpm range even with the 35's

Thanks. I have 410 and have thought about switching to 373 or 355. I'm running 35's as well. How much did it cost to change your gears? Do you have to do the front diff as well on a 4x4?

yep. gotta do em both. I swapped with a guy so I don't really remember the cost..seems like setup kits were like 80 bucks or something ..plus labor...idk really been some time ago.

where are you located 06mega? I have 373s in my truck and would like 410s

Thanks. I have 410 and have thought about switching to 373 or 355. I'm running 35's as well. How much did it cost to change your gears? Do you have to do the front diff as well on a 4x4?

Back