3 piece manifolds

dsl kicks gas

Runnin on Broke
looking to get looking to get a 3 peice manifold for my next project. i have a ats on my 98, but i hate maying over 400 bucks for a manifold.
what do you recomend, the good, the bad, the ugly.

i found this one on ebay, but im sure like everything else you get what you pay for!!
3 Piece Manifold 94 95 96 97 98 Dodge Cummins 12V : eBay Motors (item 160396334979 end time Mar-19-10 11:04:53 PDT)

i'm sure there is a dozen other threads on manifolds, but i couldnt find another one with the "e-bay specil":poke::poke:

nothing wrong with that... looks like the same casting that HTT sells... I ran one on my last 98 12v, and it held up just fine

i have read that there is a 200 deg temp diff between stock and the ats.....i find that hard to belive. can anybody back that up?

The stock manifolds are known to shrink and break off the mounting ears on the head. If that happens, you will spend money for a new head, plus the ehxuast manifold. I bought an ATS and gasket-matched the ports.

That manifold on E-bay is NOT for a 12v, it has round ex ports and gaskets. It is a 24v $.02

The stock manifolds are known to shrink and break off the mounting ears on the head. If that happens, you will spend money for a new head, plus the ehxuast manifold. I bought an ATS and gasket-matched the ports.

or you can just loosen and re-torque the stock bolts once a year to take the tension off of them

i'm sure someone on here has a manifold for sale. I picked mine up for $200 off of a member on here. just got to look around.

at what point do you really need to look at getting a 3 piece??

at what point do you really need to look at getting a 3 piece??

When your stocker cracks. Personally, I am thinking of putting a stocker back on my truck. I spent $460 on this HTT & it cracked 6 months later. My stocker lasted 140k miles. This one made it 10k. Junk HTT manifolds!!!*bdh*

1026091716a_1280_960.jpg

how hot are you guys getting your manifolds to get craked like that? pyro temp wise? 1500, 1700...more...

a used stock manifold+ceramic coating is cheaper than the aftermarket 3 pc manifolds if you shop around for the stocker.

im hoping the theory works in that with ceramic coating the part doesnt get hot, so therefore it should last alot longer.

2 cracked ATS's...went back to the stocker...might try a stainless one one of these days if they make a 12v one

Chris

how hot are you guys getting your manifolds to get craked like that? pyro temp wise? 1500, 1700...more...

My truck is usually below 1000-1200* daily driving. When I sledpull, I've seen 1700* already. A 3 piece manifold shouldn't crack that easy.

Didn't click the ad because I'm viewing from my BB. Is the seller DieselAutoPower? If it is his name is Jacob Kidd and he's a good guy. He sells a 3 piece for 12 n 24 valves for $350. Look him up on EBay or @ DieselAutoPower.com he's a vendor on CumminsForum.com

When your stocker cracks. Personally, I am thinking of putting a stocker back on my truck. I spent $460 on this HTT & it cracked 6 months later. My stocker lasted 140k miles. This one made it 10k. Junk HTT manifolds!!!*bdh*

1026091716a_1280_960.jpg

Doesn't appear to be leaking though.

Back