$30 per head, per day SDX 2011.

I can't count that high, I'm from Oklahoma

Hey now!

Just to be clear. It's not that we don't like the event or appreciate the effort. It's when the price goes up this much it throws up the flag for those of us that don't like to burn money.

I think what is "burning money" is all relevant is it not? I'm not wealthy by any means, but I'm not going to let $30 per day hold me up. It won't be burning money to me because I will enjoy it. Maybe we should all start a piggy bank fund, as soon as SDX is over each year you start putting ~$0.21 per day into it, by the next year you got your weekend pass! Like that math Travis? LOL 365/$75=.20547 may not be able to count but I can use a calculator :woohoo:

does anybody else notice the people complaining about gate fees will spend more to get in than they will in fuel?

does anybody else notice the people complaining about gate fees will spend more to get in than they will in fuel?

That's why it's all relative. If i was paying $500 for plane tickets and $200 for rental car its not a big percentage increase to pay extra. This increase would add 50% to my trip cost.

That's why it's all relative. If i was paying $500 for plane tickets and $200 for rental car its not a big percentage increase to pay extra. This increase would add 50% to my trip cost.
Not to be a dik, but stay home then. If you want to go, pay what they want, if you don't like what they're charging, stay home. It's really easy.

Yea that's pretty dik. Don't worry I am staying home. The sense of futility of my argument has always been realized but if noone says anything they will keep charging. At least I said my peace and feel better.

Obviously you don't think you'll get $75 worth of enjoyment from the weekend. I see that as a small price to pay for an event that gathers some of the best entertainment of the year. If the rest of the general populous begins to feel slighted, then the event attendance will dwindle, resulting in a redesign of the entrance fees. But you must also consider that the entrance fees are raised to keep idiots out as well as to pay for security to keep the idiots that do come under control. But I guess that argument is futile as well, because every event promoter is out to make it rich, I mean they put how much time and effort into promoting and organizing? No they don't deserve to get paid for that. Maybe you should go outside and look for some more black helicopters.

Are you saying all the idiots are poor and can't pay $30/75 to get in? Thats funny.

90% of the idiots are the ones with jacked up fords or chevys with programmers. Doing burnouts and dougnuts, they living off of Mom and Dad. Money ain't **** to them!

Are you saying all the idiots are poor and can't pay $30/75 to get in? Thats funny.

90% of the idiots are the ones with jacked up fords or chevys with programmers. Doing burnouts and dougnuts, they living off of Mom and Dad. Money ain't **** to them!

completely agree

No, just the fact that it will hopefully deter some of them from coming. But even if it doesn't slow the flow of idiots, it will pay for security to make sure they control their shenanigans.
Haha. Way to ruin a civil discussion Hooker. I hope you guys have a blast.
See, I'd love to see you there Daniel. I've never had any ill will towards you, nor in this thread. I just get tired of people whining and complaining at an event. If you don't like the way it's run, start your own. Make your event as big as SDX, get as many people to come, get all of the staff to help it run smoothly, as well as security. Then charge us all five dollars to get in, I'm sure your event won't last a year man. I'm sure it's cool to have all of these pulls on the weekend close to you that charge 10 bucks a carload to get in, but down south, we don't have them. So we have no problem driving across the country, paying 75 bucks for an awesome, action packed event.

Haha. Way to ruin a civil discussion Hooker. I hope you guys have a blast.

Best thing to do is call Scheid and discuss the fees with them. Maybe they will be able to explain what the cost increase covers. Maybe you will get it changed. Griping about it on compD will not get it changed. Good luck either way.

Personally I wish I had your problem where $75 was increasing my costs by 50%. I will be taking off 3 days of work (which I don't get paid for, btw), paying for a hotel room for two nights and making the 1400 mile round trip for the 10th time.

Best thing to do is call Scheid and discuss the fees with them. Maybe they will be able to explain what the cost increase covers. Maybe you will get it changed. Griping about it on compD will not get it changed. Good luck either way.

Personally I wish I had your problem where $75 was increasing my costs by 50%. I will be taking off 3 days of work (which I don't get paid for, btw), paying for a hotel room for two nights and making the 1400 mile round trip for the 10th time.
:rockwoot:

^ Totally agreed and hopefully it will thin the crowd and keep some of the phuktards out!! bif
:clap:
Puts things into perspective..................
:cheer:

Griping on comp D got Daniel an offer for a free tour of the fairgrounds a few years back after he griped about not getting a tour of the shop..... He declined the fairgrounds tour for some reason.

You could always watch from the road. I hear those seats will be free.

Or, hide in the trunk of the car your gonna ride up in. Oh wait, your not bringing your car? Why? Because its SDX! You dont drive your car to SDX thats why! You spend the extra cost for diesel and get less milage because its SDX! If $75 is too much to pay for a weekend of what SDX has to offer, then maybe this isnt the sport for you.

Back