300M Axle shafts in AAM axle

GSM-01

Can turn wrenches
So I have been going back and forth on trying to figure out what I want to do with this and I think I finally figured it out. I was talking with a local drivetrain shop (EMS Off Road) and we were looking at way to help the AAM 11.5 axle out. Eric and I discussed a few options because most of the 300M axles I have seen are for D80s. We discussed what we wanted to do and I think we came up with the 30 spline to the diff and 37spline drivers. I kept looking at specs and from what I see it should hold what I am looking at but didn't know if anyone else out there had done anything like this in a AAM or if most people had switched to the 80s. The size for the 30 spline is ~1.52 i believe and the 37 spline for the drivers is ~1.58 which should help the over all. Just wanted to poke around and see what others thought of the setup or if anyone else had tried it. I know the Chevy axles come in 37 spline from yukon but these axles will be direct slip in which is one thing I like. My chromoly ones have taken a beating and were twisted pretty badly when we took them out so it was over due. Thoughts on if this is in the right direction?

You better do more research... 37 splines weren't used in the gm aam as upgrades. Also you don't need to reinvent the wheel here. Several options already exist.

X2^^^^^

Staying w/ the 30 spline at the differential and bigger splines @ the driver flanges accomplishes nothing. I don't care if you put 40 spline 2" driver flanges on. The weak link is still your stock splines @ the differential. You need to go bigger across the board.

Back