3250 or 3600

wannabecummins

Baloney Tugboat
So i'm needing a new clutch for my truck the single thats in it is starting to fade out. My truck is going to be right around 600hp (twins, 90's, arson III, smarty) so i'm wondering if a southbend 3250 will be enough or should i go with the 3600? i mostly use my truck for daily driving and trailer towing, but i may make a 1/4 pass here and there. What do you guys think?

So i'm needing a new clutch for my truck the single thats in it is starting to fade out. My truck is going to be right around 600hp (twins, 90's, arson III, smarty) so i'm wondering if a southbend 3250 will be enough or should i go with the 3600? i mostly use my truck for daily driving and trailer towing, but i may make a 1/4 pass here and there. What do you guys think?

A few guys on here have held over 600 with the 3200.

oh yeah, i had a customer do 770 on a 3250 and it was BARELY slipping, that clutch will be plenty for 600, but i put a 3600 in mine because i overkill everything. im gonna upgrade to an iron giant soon im thinkin. LOL

I would lean towards a sprung hub DD with a diaphram pressure plate if it is going to be used for DD and towing, and the occasional 1/4 mile pass.$.02

I think Peter has a 3600 diaphragm style out now? I think that'd be your best bet.

--Eric

buy once and be done. I daily drive a 3850....its not bad at all.

I've been debating the same thing.. Pretty much the same wants from the truck as well... No real price difference between the two.

No way I'll run a 3850.. Driven a friends truck with one many times. It isn't fun to drive at all. I've driven one with the 3250, feels like stock.. They say the 3600 is only slightly stiffer, never had a chance to drive a truck with one though.

how much difference is there with the 3600 vs the 3250 for chatter when starting out with a heavy load?

I would lean towards a sprung hub DD with a diaphram pressure plate if it is going to be used for DD and towing, and the occasional 1/4 mile pass.$.02

X3. I am running the 3600 Diaphram DD Solid hub. its on or off. had the sprung, and its easier to back up.

I would think they are pretty close. The DD's can be noisy though....

I've been debating the same thing.. Pretty much the same wants from the truck as well... No real price difference between the two.

No way I'll run a 3850.. Driven a friends truck with one many times. It isn't fun to drive at all. I've driven one with the 3250, feels like stock.. They say the 3600 is only slightly stiffer, never had a chance to drive a truck with one though.

I have a 3600 and it feels a lot stiffer than my buddy's 3250. $.02

Back