3406b afc

bulldog77

On the trip from califorina to south dakota the truck lost power. Stopped at a shop and they plugged the afc to get me home. I took the afc off and found this spring busted three places. Where can I get a replacement spring?
DSCF0328[1].jpg

After a half hour on the phone with cat, I did get one ordered. Thanks

Really? That sucks, we've been blessed with a pretty good local cat parts guy. I guess it could have been much worse than a half hour.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If I had seen this earlier I could have had the part number for you in around 5 minutes.

The tag for engine serial number is missing. Kind of made it more difficult. Not his fault. Plus me being cat dumb probably don't help.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

What year is the truck?

There is a number stamped on block under exhaust manifold in the low spot between 5 and 6.

I looked once but not real close when installing the turbo but couldn't find any numbers. I'll check again tomorrow

Should be a 4mg prefix but could be a later 7FB, you should be able to run the vin on the truck at a dealer and get the block number that was put in from the factory.

Wasn't sure if dealer could tell me that. I have asked them what hp it was factory and it was a 425hp not 350 like advertised. Bought a turbo from vanderhaags that was unsure of whose it is. All they knew it was for c15. I have pics and numbers in other 3406 turbo thread.

Should be a 4mg prefix but could be a later 7FB, you should be able to run the vin on the truck at a dealer and get the block number that was put in from the factory.
4MG33520 Is number I found. You wouldn't happen to have a pump diagram? I took the afc off and kept it in order but I have a problem of always second guessing myself. Thanks.

Back