3500 chassis

big3country8

just got a question for anyone that can help, all the new diesels are exspensive as hell so i thought i wouldnt be able to afford one but then i found the dodge 3500 chassis cab, now the one im looking at is the 3500 chassis, 6.7 cummins, 6sp manual, regular cab swb, and with the options i want it came in around 32,000 with the rebate they have. now heres my questions. Is the short wheel base like a short bed, and could i take and buy a 6ft bed from the junk yard and put on it to have a regular cab short bed diesel? or is it that the short wheel base is like a long bed and the long wheel base in intended for a longer flat bed? next question is what the main diffference in these trucks from the regular diesels if anything? i mean all i really want is the 4x4 reg cab with locker, A/C, single rear wheel, no frills at all just a mean looking stump pulling diesel to put about a 6in lift on with some 38's if they will clear. any help would be appreciated again this will be my first diesel and its either this or a new mustang GT but id rather stay with the black smoke!

The short wheel base cab and chassis wheelbase is 143.8 a standard cab long bed 3500s wheelbase is 140.5 so you will have 3.3 inches to do something with if you put a regular bed on it or just put a nice flatbed on it but then you will have the same money in it. your call

I'm not 100% sure but aren't cab chassis frames closer together than regular frames. So, you might need to look for a different bed. Someone might make a bed for a cab chassis.

Back