22_zps430cb7c2.jpg

42_zpsdd2a9187.jpg

41_zpsdf45fd16.jpg

61_zpsb5c72675.jpg

still need to fab a spring device for the vgt
62_zpseb3063b7.jpg

Last edited:
475 specs?

Looks good but probably wanna ditch those silicone elbows on the interstage pipe.

Not sure on size to be honest, I was told it would be good for twins, how do i go about checking?

And whats the deal with silicone elbows? too much expansion?

Im fairly new to this so i welcome input

Like kick start said, should be ok for towing. If you're doing repeated WOT high boost passes, might want to look into running a solid interstage pipe with straight couplers. They either split eventually, or blow off.

On the 475, either run the serial numbers, or take of the covers and measure with calipers.

Glad you added a flex joint to the wg pipe.
Miss my VGT, was a pain to tune, but a fun turbo, none the less.

It's best to only use straight silicone couplers. Heat tends to be the enemy on the 90 degree bends. It doesn't take much boost, on a long haul the heat will make the silicone weak. I blew one in Arkansas going up one of the long hills. About 25 lbs. of boost for three miles took it right out. Not fun when you have nothing to replace an oddball coupler. All piping is now three inch and I carry a extra piece of coupler in all the trucks if I travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbFQVMGrIk

This was my he351ve/S475 set up. If you listening 0.11... 0.15 sec on this video then you realise why 90 degree silicone couplers are not good :umno:
After that I did aluminum and stainless piping and most of the connections is V band clamps. Only couplers I use is straight and almost no cap between the pipes.
Good luck whit the build.

This is what i came up with

compression side, 74 mm inducer, 100mm exducer

exh side, 95mm inducer, 87mm exducer

With my stock injectors im hoping silicone will get me by. Injectors, studs ect will come with available funding

Being that the primary boost probably won't see more than 30-350psi boost, I don't see an issue. I was in a bind and had to installed a 90° boot on my friends Hx35, it lasted a year at 50psi.

Will stock injectors even push it that hard?

And I like this guy. only 4 posts, and they're all legitimate progress pics.

Im curious my self, the truck has a edge box so will see

I got the secondary pipe finished too but it's in the shop, and its cold out there

b_zpsa40b7255.jpg

c_zpsf7b5ac88.jpg

d_zpscc401c5d.jpg

Been driving and tuning , im thinking i need a drive pressure gauge? egts seem hot but i think i can get rid of that with tuning, im only at 30psi so far, edge box on 5x5 and it slowly climbs past 1200dreg, I read somewhere that stock injectors run hot with the he351 so idk

One nice thing is defiantly more usable power off idle and onward, it also cleans off what use to be a smokey truck on 5x5

Not enough fuel to push that bottom turbo haha but im having fun with the vgt for now :woohoo:

Ill post more pics when i tie up some loose ends

Are you just planning on having that gate to atmosphere?

Or is that suppose to be a gate for the secondary?

Doesn't seem to make sense from the pictures.

Nice work roost. I, at one point, half way mocked up set of twins using the VGT and had a similar manifold to turbo adapter made mostly out of mild steel by my machinist. My buddies said it would melt,warp,blow up ,etc...so curious to hear how yours holds up. That VGT is a heavy sombeech. My combo admittedly ended up being a bit to tall & hood wouldn't close...:bang. So a cowl induction hood or something is in order. I haven't got the other turbo's bracing & piping done yet, but one thing I could see working on my junk, and can definitely see from your build pics is how well the turbos fit over/under beside a 24v with the VGT up higher & how much it simplifies the down pipes,oil drains, waste-gating,and the charge air pipe routing. I love the looks of side by side compound setups, but it kinda makes it hard to justify doing it any other way in this case. :Cheer:-Keep up the good work & the updates coming!

Haven't been on in a while so I thought i would give a update on how it's running.

I since removed the e-gate, it only cause problems and isn't really needed, I installed studs and some 7x.009's. I could of went bigger on the injectors it cools enough for it but i saved my old ones so I might just get some nozzles for em. No sign of cracking anywhere on the manifolds, however my downpipe cracked after a couple weeks, that was a pain.. One neat thing i found out is drive pressure is 1/1 or better all the way up till 45psi and that's all i can get out of it, need more fuel I think. Oh also i used a 1/10 scale rc shock to control the vanes lol it provides dampening and a adjustable spring, if i really wanted to get into it i could play with oil weights and different springs but i find it work well as is.

next project will be p-pumping it, I got a 180 pump cheap :woohoo: Lets see how far this high millage 53 block can go.

And yes I know still rock'n the silicone, I'll be changing it out soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back