35s?

cm cows

Here by the owl
i have a set of 33/12.5/16.5 on my 01 dodge with a leveling kit. the rims are just common eagle alloys and their 16.5X10. i was wondering if i could run 35's on it as is. also the tires are rubbing a little but i think it is cause of the rims are 10", if they where 8" would they rub? i will eventually get rid of those odd ball rims so just trying to get a idea of what works

What you run into with most aftermarket wheels is backspacing. They like to make the rim so the tire is outside of the fenderwell, this widening of the stance also means the tire is more likely to hit either fender or control arm at full lock. I run a true 34" tall tire with no rub issues BUT, it is a fairly narrow tire that sits completely in the well. IIRC Timbeaux has 315's on his Dodge with the stock wheels and has minor rubbing with no lift or leveling kit. Again the tire is within the fenderwell and not stuck outside the body line. Rim width will have very little effect IMHO on tire rub with a Dodge, backspacing has a lot to do with it.

Back