3600 southbend slip?

its seems to be kinda obvious that you didnt let the clutch out till the 100ft mark or so. you can see the dust and hear the rpms in the motor.

I just want to know why you were in 5th low?

its seems to be kinda obvious that you didnt let the clutch out till the 100ft mark or so. you can see the dust and hear the rpms in the motor.

I just want to know why you were in 5th low?

Thank you. Glad i'm not the only one who noticed that.

its seems to be kinda obvious that you didnt let the clutch out till the 100ft mark or so....

...Glad i'm not the only one who noticed that.

I´d all but guarantee he was off the clutch within 20 ft. You´re talking a final drive of 10.14:1, assuming a 3.73 R&P, with 33´s. That´s what caused it to slip. Not having the power it takes to truly slip one is the reason it eventually grabbed. Had it happen to me a few times when I was going through growing pains of finding the right gear/clutch combo without going overkill years ago. My final was 10.76:1 which is still a far cry from what he was trying to run. He tried to run hero gear and it didn´t work out. He obviously learned his lesson since he´s stepping down two gears for this next run. End of story. Now let us know how it turns out with a little RPM down the track and no more slipping the clutch, ...if there´s enough left to get you off the line.

Get rid of the South Bend. Been thru 2 double and 1 triple and they were all junk. Haisely is the only way to go.

I´d all but guarantee he was off the clutch within 20 ft. You´re talking a final drive of 10.14:1, assuming a 3.73 R&P, with 33´s. That´s what caused it to slip. Not having the power it takes to truly slip one is the reason it eventually grabbed. Had it happen to me a few times when I was going through growing pains of finding the right gear/clutch combo without going overkill years ago. My final was 10.76:1 which is still a far cry from what he was trying to run. He tried to run hero gear and it didn´t work out. He obviously learned his lesson since he´s stepping down two gears for this next run. End of story. Now let us know how it turns out with a little RPM down the track and no more slipping the clutch, ...if there´s enough left to get you off the line.
Thank you. Yess tried 4th low and little. To much rpm going. Down the track so I'm. Gonna try 2nd hi I. Guess its all trial. And error ill post my vid soon as possible

I have been pulling 4th low with 373 gears and 33 inch tires. Do you know if your rear main seal is leaking and possibly had gotten some oil on the flywheel? I have a 2wd stock puller and the first time it ever pulled the clutch slipped a long way after the first hook, aftere that it worked great for a couple more years.

im think mayb using 2hi next pul.l i did come in 4th place at that pull but the class i was in had no weight limit but u couldnt add weight the trucks that came in 1st( dodge 3500 dually wit a steel flat bed )( 2nd 4 door durmax lifted 6 inches wit the hitch height equal to the reciever )( 3rd 4 door 6.7 wit a road armor bumper) also my truck was weighting probbly at 6900lbs

2nd hi

I wouldn't try 2nd hi If I were you with a G56. Done it two times with your same set-up (well a bigger Clutch) Blew transmission apart both times. just my$.02

Back