37" Inexpensive quiet hwy tire....??

sredish

Where am I?
Anyone know of an inexpensive 37" highway or A/T tire that is super quiet on the road and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, considering it'll be a spare set of tires?

Its not at 37, but I just placed an order for some 315 ProComp Xtreme A/Ts. They where supposed to be on the truck yesterday, but I went to where I ordered them and they had sent the XTerrain instead of the Xtreme A/Ts. I was sorda ticked, but what was my gripping going to do about the problem. They'll be here next tuesday and I can't wait! I have NO tread on my current tires and I mean NO tread. :bang

I have been running 38" ssr's for a while and I love them. They are really quiet on the highway too... well at least I think they are.

Another option to think about.
Get a set of cheap 16.5" wheels, there's a place doing remolds of Hummer Tires, I think they're 37X12.5 Radial.
Just another option;
Josiah

toyos LOL

i hear good things about the mickey thompson ATZs and i know they run less than toyos or nittos. have not seen a lot of info on them, but i know kuhmo makes some as well - ill ask around and see what i get back on those

Yeah...cool looking tire.

I've seen the 38/15.50R20 Kuhmo's listed for like $140 cheaper per tire than the same size Toyos.
These big wheel sizes are ridiculus in tire pricing....glad I went with 16s for my 38" Toyos. Only paid $240 a tire :rockwoot:

these kuhmos will be my next tire!! prices can not be beat! i will be upgrading to an 18" tho.

I have the kuhmo 37" road venture mt and you wouldnt believe how quiet they are an how agressive they look at the same time. I drive with the windows down and there is no noise issues at all. very quiet tire and they look awsome too. They came on the truck when I bought it so I dont have a clue how much they are. anyone know where I can look for prices just to get an idea what it will cost for 37x13.5r20

16s for my 38" Toyos. Only paid $240 a tire

Me too.:woohoo:

Cant beat that price with a stick. A great wearing, great riding, great looking tire that is cheaper than everything else in it's size.

I love my Toyos. Just about to buy another set.

Yeah....we're old school now only running 16s LOL
For the price, I really can't justify changing.....40s on 20s would be awesome...but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:D

02psd7.3,
16.5s aren't a real popular size with wheel manufactures it seems.
Parnelli Jones Dirt Gripz are a nice tire for a 16.5 (I ran them before the Toyos )

Not sure if Mickey Thompson makes any claws or MTZ's in 16.5s

Interco (Super Swampers) have plenty to chose from in 16.5s

hey sredish.... are your toyos about shot?
ive got a 35r20 in the bed now, but i sure wouldnt mind a full size spare

no, i still have half tread at least but I'm trying to plan and save for the "big move". need as much time as I can get with the way prices are. I'm an old school 16" wheeler as well but I want a little bit bigger wheel. It's actually getting harder to find the "right" tire in a 16" nowadays. I'm most likely going Kuhmo but I'm still looking at the 38.5" Pro Comp Xtreme A/Ts. I definitely want a little quieter. These Toyos aren't bad, I've had worse.... *cough* Micky Thompson Baja Belted *cough* but don't need all this mud traction, the Xtreme All Terrains would probably fit me perfect.

Have you looked at the Mickey Thompson ATZs if you don't need a mud tire??

I've heard good things about them.

The Kuhmo Road Venture M/T is comparable in noise to the Toyo...I've been told after some miles that the Kuhmos may actually be quieter since the Toyos get louder. The Toyos track better and one of the guys at the shop has 38/15.50R20 Toyo M/Ts with 57,000 miles on them...and they are still on the truck. Don't know anyone with Kuhmos with a lot of miles on them to know how well they will wear. With 15,000-20,000 miles on the Kuhmos they are wearing very well...so they should last a good amount of miles as well....

Back