3cyl Kubota ??

Not really sure on exactly how much power this thing has, came out of a Jacobsen T422D, which I read somewhere has a bout 22hp. Also Think that it should be a D950 series engine? Cant find any plates on this thing in the tractor.

I want to say that model had 20 gross Hp, but Kubota rated these little engines over a broad range. If it is a 3cyl then it should be the D950 series. The 2cyl I have I pulled it out of a genset that was rated for 16con Hp. I am looking for a IH Cub 1450 to put it in.

Yea I have my homelight and I'm running it till the trans goes then ill find the cub trans. Figured it was around that power. Gona stretch the frame and get it in then Ill post pics. Might take a wile tho ha

I bought a turbo for the tractor, its a IHI RHF3. Did some reading and depending on the the housing sizes the turbo can be used on a 1.0-2.0L engine or make 20-54hp. What you guys think?

that turbo will be fine. 30-35 psi is the LIMIT. i exploded one after a couple runs to 40psi. compressor wheel makes an awesome keychain though.

wow ton of great info here i am looking to buld one my self i can get a d1105 for 250$ i uset to work for a kubota an jd shop i have rebuilt lots of them and build alot of packegs. what holes r u guys using for shims 1,2,3? have many people put diesels in gas tractors ?? i can see it beeing that hard ????

Me and my Brother have always done garden tractor pulling since we were young, this pas winter we looked at buying or building one of these litte boogers so did some research......

Unfortunately what it takes to be competitive around our area is off the hook, we spoke with several competitve pullers and here is what we found.

- Yanmar is the engine of choice with Direct injection
- Need to Dry block and head it or its a timebomb
- Water injection is a must
- stronger crank, rods, and aftermarket cam
- much bigger injectors
- Serious pump work
- Rear end needs a plantary setup to survive (~3k I beleive)
- Average cost to build a motor ~10-15K!!!!!

The overall cost scared us away, some of these guys had 25-40K in a compact diesel tractor......but damn were they cool.

Not trying to scare you away, just making sure you are informed. Hopefully the "all out spend money" game has not reached your area and you can still build one on a budget and have fun. Best of luck!!

this may sound absolutly retarted but there is no class here for them i would just be building it for the fun of it lol. i can get all the parts for the engine for cost so y not i say!

I bought a turbo for the tractor, its a IHI RHF3. Did some reading and depending on the the housing sizes the turbo can be used on a 1.0-2.0L engine or make 20-54hp. What you guys think?

Yes, the turbo should be the smallest in prduction

73fd_1.JPG

I plan to use it in my John Deere 318 diesel swap

Back