3rd Annual Jefferson State Diesel Nationals- May 14th

Had a great time again... I made the mistake of thinking stock tires would hook better then my 33" mud tires, oh well. 300' 4x4 burnout's all day cutting 2.1 60's lmao! Thanks to Nathan @ MPI for a great new set of twins, cant wait to get the new power to the ground with some drag radials!

One of the 300' 4x4 burnouts --> http://youtu.be/Imgb9gmXcf0

Last edited:
had a great time pulling... glad to see old friends and new people. put faces to names. truck did better than i could ever hope pulling.

thanks to everyone. Jason

Thanks to NHRDA and Jefferson State Diesel for a great time. As always top notch event and great people to see!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Dirty Max and Grayden went 8.7 pro stock winner (ATP tuned)
Harvey won Pro Street
Jerimiah won Super Street (ATP tuned)
Verlon won Super Diesel (ATP tuned)
I think Michael won Brackets.

Sorry about the shameless plugs, lol.

Rob, it's not too shameless when it's just simple facts ;) Now if we want to get REALLY shameless I'll point out that there were ISSPRO gauges and Dataloggers in the Pro Stock winner, Super-Diesel winner & R/U, and ET Brackets winner's trucks!

Thanks to NHRDA and the sponsors for another great event. I'm glad I decided to go at the last minute. I had been really sick last week and had decided to skip it when my daughter started getting sick too. She told me she wanted to go anyway, and I was starting to feel a bit better, so we left after 9:00 Friday night and headed down. Hopefully people were paying attention to Randy at the driver's meeting, and didn't notice her puking all over the place ;)

It was great watching Cole and Harvey run side-by-side 9's in Pro-Street, and also seeing Scott make a great pull.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I had a blast. Thanks to all that had a part in the event. The sponsors, track, spectators, racers, and NHRDA. Quite a group of people. I raced in two classes, and never felt rushed, or uncertain about when or where I was supposed to be.

Thanks,
Paul

Good point Paul - they did a good job of organizing this event. I was MIA several times dealing with my sick daughter, and they made sure to track me down when we were running. The part I liked the best is that the starter noticed that I deep stage, and he made sure to wait until I was in deep before starting the tree. The track facility itself isn't exactly the best one I have ever been to, but the people running it were polite and efficient, and that goes a long way towards making an excellent event.

IDK if there is a picture thread but:
DSCN0438.jpg

I really like this picture. For reasons besides it has my truck in it. :)

If you notice the truck in the right hand lane has both the stage and pre-stage lights on. At first glance you would just think that I had treed him, but look again. It shows his reaction time on the reader board. You actually caught him, with the rear wheels in the beams! How cool is that!

Paul

Paul,
Looking closer at the photo it looks like his rear wheels are past the beams, but a whole lotta smoke is blocking the beams! Presumably it didn't affect his ET (since there should have been plenty of smoke-free space between the front tires and the exhaust), but it obviously smoked enough to block them in the photo!

I saw that one Paul, but I was sure I didn't double bulb you, so I also looked and could see my reaction time so I breathed easier.

Paul,
Looking closer at the photo it looks like his rear wheels are past the beams, but a whole lotta smoke is blocking the beams! Presumably it didn't affect his ET (since there should have been plenty of smoke-free space between the front tires and the exhaust), but it obviously smoked enough to block them in the photo!

Looking at it again, I think your right.

Last edited:
I saw that one Paul, but I was sure I didn't double bulb you, so I also looked and could see my reaction time so I breathed easier.

lol, yeah that was a weird run no matter how you look at it. I think that was the one, where we ended up qualifing 1 and 2.

Paul

Was a great event thanks to all the sponsors...we will be back next year...

Be looking forward to seeing you again soon this year Harvey lol...that new lock up convertor is causing us some grief and we need a wee bit more power...going to pull the stock injectors lol and put in some 50's this week and maybe turn our ONE stage of NOS up to 75% and see what happens in Spokane....how many stages you running Harvey...how many in it to win it buttons LOL kidding dude always a pleasure...met lotsa friendly people all weekend...good to see everyone again...

lol, yeah that was a weird run no matter how you look at it. I think that was the one, where we ended up qualifing 1 and 2.

Paul

Man it's so good to see you out and running in a diesel event again Paul, too bad my truck was losing rail pressure at 500 ft. Robs says he'll have it fixed this week in time for Spokane. Any chance you making it up there?

Man it's so good to see you out and running in a diesel event again Paul, too bad my truck was losing rail pressure at 500 ft. Robs says he'll have it fixed this week in time for Spokane. Any chance you making it up there?

Patty and I are going to try and make it. The NHRDA and NHRA schedules don't conflict as much this year so we plan on making more of the diesel events.

Rob and I were paired up in the second round is SD. Neither one of use had much luck slowing our trucks down to the 11.90 index. I had my strategy all planned out (needless to say brakes were included in the plan), and it took all the fun out of it when your truck lost rail pressure right after the launch. All that planning for nothing! :)

Both Patty and I had a great time.

Paul

Paul hope you and Patty can make it, the diesel racing world is much better when you are competing.

Was a great event thanks to all the sponsors...we will be back next year...

Be looking forward to seeing you again soon this year Harvey lol...that new lock up convertor is causing us some grief and we need a wee bit more power...going to pull the stock injectors lol and put in some 50's this week and maybe turn our ONE stage of NOS up to 75% and see what happens in Spokane....how many stages you running Harvey...how many in it to win it buttons LOL kidding dude always a pleasure...met lotsa friendly people all weekend...good to see everyone again...

Had a great time at dinner ,we have some great pictures , the nitrous stages are clasified LOL but there is one in it to win button and i pushed the guts out of it this last weekend. I think you may have beat my recond on the road house teas so great job on win ! see you at a nother great NHRDA event

Back