3rd Annual World Finals 2012

Tulsa and Ennis are both top notch tracks and fairly centrally located.

This was my first world finals and prob my last. A buddy and i flew from maryland and for no more than what showed up, the way things were laid out, didnt see a dyno, never saw a burnout contest, and the sound system sucked. and then the down time between rounds just made for a long boring day. we both had a better time at T S in bowling green. i would deff do a poll for the next world finals on were its at..

Does it have to be in the same area each year? Can't we do a east coast one year, west the next, north, and than south. I will have to agree with Princeton Jake( And no its not due to my back yard I really don't mind driving) but brainerd is a very nice track and the prep is great.

I believe Armor Inc's truck went its fastest to date at brainerd.

Last edited:
I am definitely ready to try another track. I'm over the issues....but it really sucks to drive 1600 miles only to get screwed because the timing system isn't working correctly. On the up side, the new trans worked flawlessly and I cut some great lights on the runs I was able to make.

I think the track needs to be centrally located as much as possible even if it means a 1500 mile trip for me. At the same time, getting spectators in and out of Vegas is cheap and lots of hotel rooms and other things to do. I just hope that if we go back to Topeka, they can get their crap together....I will have to think really hard about making that trip again next year if that's where its at.

NO MORE TOPEKA!!

I just rolled in after a 1700 mile drive back from Topeka, I am willing to go that far every year, but just not back to Topeka after the crap we have had to endure the last two years. They obviously could care less about us. Last year trying to make us run on a wet track and this year with about the wimpiest clean up effort of not that bad an oil down as I've ever seen.

I was talking to my friend Howard, he's the father of one of racers and his idea makes some sense to me. He said that maybe we should consider a smaller track, it probably would be cheaper to rent for one, and I'd bet if we worked with them and they understood what we were after we might get a great venue.

A couple of years ago I was working a job in Nebraska and went to the drags in Kearney, NE. As I remember it was a fun little track but not sure it's big enough for this event. It has some fast cars there and I'd bet if the track could support us and there is enough pit area as well as shutdown area they or a truck like them would jump at the chance to host this event. It's a town of about 30,000 and Hastings another town of about 25,000 is about 20 miles away. I'd also bet that most to the other surrounding communities would come watch as well. Not a hell of a lot to do in Nebraska on a Saturday in Mid September.

Just a thought, I think it should stay central, so everyone as to do some travel.

NO MORE TOPEKA!!

I just rolled in after a 1700 mile drive back from Topeka, I am willing to go that far every year, but just not back to Topeka after the crap we have had to endure the last two years. They obviously could care less about us. Last year trying to make us run on a wet track and this year with about the wimpiest clean up effort of not that bad an oil down as I've ever seen.

I was talking to my friend Howard, he's the father of one of racers and his idea makes some sense to me. He said that maybe we should consider a smaller track, it probably would be cheaper to rent for one, and I'd bet if we worked with them and they understood what we were after we might get a great venue.

A couple of years ago I was working a job in Nebraska and went to the drags in Kearney, NE. As I remember it was a fun little track but not sure it's big enough for this event. It has some fast cars there and I'd bet if the track could support us and there is enough pit area as well as shutdown area they or a truck like them would jump at the chance to host this event. It's a town of about 30,000 and Hastings another town of about 25,000 is about 20 miles away. I'd also bet that most to the other surrounding communities would come watch as well. Not a hell of a lot to do in Nebraska on a Saturday in Mid September.

Just a thought, I think it should stay central, so everyone as to do some travel.

whole heartedly agree

Fat fingered from my phone.

x2 Agree with Subman (even if that means agreeing with phooker) ;)

That said, I would go to Ennis in a heartbeat - it is a huge facility but has a crew that seems to give a damn. Another track I really enjoyed is Muncie, IN. However the track operator passed away suddenly not too long ago, but presumably his crew is continuing the good job. I think it should be somewhere farther South than Topeka (or Indiana), to help the chances of dry weather.

Another top notch track is in Cedar Falls Iowa. It is a NHRA track and has plenty of room. I think you're right Michael, that Kearney track would be a tight fit. Another great track is Cordova Il. That is a nice place too. I'd go back to Ennis too. I liked that whole setup.

Indy is a great track and the prep is unreal with all the new people. The guy running things is a old time diesel guy and loves seeing them go down the track. I know its not centrally located but having someone on your side might be worth it.

I, obviously, would have no problem with it being at Ennis. I know when I went to the NHRDA race there the past two years it went off without a hitch, and there is definitely enough room for both competitors and spectators (without the 5 mile hike from the pits to the staging lanes).

Regardless of where it is held, I plan on coming back next year, but I hope it isn't in Topeka if the past two years are any indication of how next year would go.

I like the idea of vegas, it is always an outstanding track.

Before anyone gets too excited, I am in Canada, and have to travel no matter where it is, even Edmonton is a couple hrs drive.

Ceder Falls

I'm liking what Diesel Wrencher posted...Ceder Falls Raceway, It's only about 100 miles further than Topeka for me (1814 miles), would be closer for the Canadians, and looks to be a nice facility.

Track Information
Cedar Falls Raceway was constructed in the 1960's and originally known as Neita Raceway (North East Iowa Timing Association). Originally sanction with the AHRA (now defunct), Neita's name was changed to Cedar Falls Raceway in the 1980's. Since then, Cedar Falls Raceway has been under IHRA and NHRA Sanctions and is currently a NHRA Member Track.

The track is 60' wide x 4000' long as it a 1/4 mile asphalt drag strip with 350' concrete launch pads.

•Elevation is 850'
•Located on 68 Acres
•Permanent bathrooms with showers
•Scales
•Lighting for night racing.
Track Phone 319-987-2537

General Manager - Dan Driscoll 309-738-7446 - cfrmanager@aol.com

Operating Company - First Entertainment - Main Office 309-654-2110. Fax 309-654-2282

Physical Address

6200 W. Bennington Rd.
Cedar Falls, IA 50647

Route 66 in Joliet IL.... Beautiful track

E98E584FFBC142408FE5734000160DB7.ashx

Cedar falls is a nice track. Only issue is the direction you run. If its winding you'll be pushing wind all day.

Anydamnedwhere but Heartland Park.

They (the track people) treated us like we were there for a test-n-tune.

Last edited:
Judging by the crowds at Ennis this year it should be considered towards the top of the list. It makes sense to try to get a smaller venue but then that could hurt potential attendance. I agree that the sport needs spectators and trucks to grow. I didn't have a truck ready to compete at a divisional race but did have it ready in time to run at Topeka in the Gamblers Race. Vegas would be awesome but might be costly for the association and vendors.

Lets face it the folks who attend this are probably not going to go out and build anything faster than a 11.9 truck and most if they do drag race are going to run brackets. I really think the sponsors want that crowd to show their wares and maybe add a little power and get better fuel economy. The fast trucks are what draws the crowd however. A smaller venue in an area that has a lot of diesels with not a lot else going on seems to make the most sense, college towns with a football team with a home game is probably not a good choice.

Anywhere within 2000 miles of where I live is OK, further than that and I'm not sure.

If its in the midwest and you want a crowd... have a sled pull too. They were suppose to at Topeka, but Nhrda said no cause they lost money because of the sledpull at fass (bull$hit). Being from around here i know the crowd would have been triple... i gaurantee that, but that wouldnt have helped your guys track prep.

Back