3rd Gen 2wd

ylo73z

Hey to all the 2 wheel drive 3rd gens out there who compete...how are you getting traction??....these m&h race masters suck on my truck...i keep over powering them...even when i launch easy and then hit it....still big traction problems...

How many PSI are you running in the slicks??? What kind of suspension lowering is done to your truck?

Are you clamping the springs or do you atleast have traction bars? If not that is your biggest problem.

the only lowering done to my truck is a 2 or 3 inch drop pocket control arms and i pulled all but 2 leafs out or the rear i have caltrc traction bars and i was running 18psi on those m&h race masters....not slicks....wish i could find some slick that fit on 17" rims..

i dont know.... if it will im all for it but no one has chimed in... i just want to know what other people are doing ..if i need to change axle tubes and put custom axles in to put different brakes on then thats fine.. i just want to know what i need to do...

well, you could always throw a 3.54 Dana 80 under there :)

I belive if you grind the fins off of the drums a 15" wheel will clear

how would this affect the abs....i know my speedometer works of my abs and my transmission too i imagine...

There is a way to run a 15 or 16''.. It just looks very odd.. I've done it. Run a wheel with only a few inches or less backspacing. It sticks the tire way out but it works. Real Racing Wheels built the set I was using. Then I had to stick them back on the truck they were made for. Have you went to Rancho adjustable shocks yet? They help free the rear of the truck up. Also run with your spare tire and hitch on the truck for added weight where you need it. I'm about to start adding more weight to the rear of mine..

No, it was aluminum.. I hope someone else has luck running a normal smaller wheel.. I'd really like to run one as well..

well, like I said... on the 2nd gen trucks, a 15" alloy was a definate no-go, but you could do a little tweaking and get a 15" steel wheel on. maybe the same can be done with a 16" steel wheel on a 3rd gen. Not as many tire choices as 15", but far better than 17"

There is a way to run a 15 or 16''.. It just looks very odd.. I've done it. Run a wheel with only a few inches or less backspacing. It sticks the tire way out but it works. Real Racing Wheels built the set I was using. Then I had to stick them back on the truck they were made for. Have you went to Rancho adjustable shocks yet? They help free the rear of the truck up. Also run with your spare tire and hitch on the truck for added weight where you need it. I'm about to start adding more weight to the rear of mine..

tell me about these adjustable shock from rancho....what are made for ?...and are they in a catalog or do i have to call it in....do you have any part numbers?..im very interested...i need traction before i say screw it and shorten and mini tub this nose heavy thing...p.s. i have the spare one ther still and the factory receiver is still there too...

If I remember correctly, I bought the shocks from 4 wheel parts. They are Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks. Just tell them what your truck is and they'll set you up. I can't promise you they'll help, but I just wanted to try anything I could that wasn't a large expense.

How big are your M&H's?? They make a 390/40R17 in a drag radial...I would think that would be plenty of tire for most trucks!

Chris

thats the ones i have ...they just cant hang on.....i need to put some screws in them too, starting to move the rim in the tire..i think ill try the rancho 9 way adjustable shocks....im getting desparate..1.7 60 foot times would be nice....

PM Greg (COMP461)
That Project X truck is a 2wd and has cut some high 1.60 60's if I remember right.
You already have 1/2 of what he did on that truck done to yours with the leaf removal and CalTrac's...he'll fill you in on the rest.

Back