3rd gen carbon hood and srt bumper thoughts

joelc79

I need to replace my hood cause it has a huge gouge in it from a broken engine lift. I was looken on ebay and seen they have carbon fiber hoods. Anyone seen these, whats ur thoughts... would it look alright? I'm not into the ricer sceen as these are popular within but kinda interested. Also thinkin about the srt bumper too (not carbon but paint matched). Has anyone had experience or suggestions for a clean non-crome look?

I think it would look horrible. Unless you can figure some slight paint lines over the hood to make it look like it belongs.. I'd also be hesitant on the fit and finish quality of something like that.. Cars have a number of manufacturers that build carbon fiber hoods. So there are the cheap ones and the $$$ ones that actually fit properly. With our trucks, especially Dodges, people don't put much effort into quality since there isn't a big market for them.

I don't think large SRT style bumpers belong on 4x4's.. They're made to make the truck appear lower. Kind of silly when you still have a lot of air under there..

Back