3rd gen crazy Carls twin piping kit

ssobel80

So I have been trying to get this piping kit installed for months now. I have had to modify every single piece that has come with this kit and still can't get it to sit right. Does anybody have any install photos of this on a third gen?? I am having problems with getting the spring waste gate and intercooler pipe to line up right.
376b88f950f5c43d2dad36f15afa3fc1.jpg

Here is where I'm at. This way the spring waste gate will not line up correctly. If I set it up for the waste gate to fit correctly the oil return is not on the bottom and the intercooler pipe is way up by the valve cover.

I have had awesome experiences with crazy carl products on my first and second gen trucks. But so far on my 3rd gen I have had nothing but problems!!!

I'm honestly ready to toss the whole thing and get a different piping kit. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah already tried to talk to him and we didn't get off to a good start. Not real thrilled about dealing with him right now. But. In the past he has been awesome.

I love the blue too. That's what started are bad relationship. This is how it was shipped to me
22b5eb44b85fdebe31b26f88bdb277ff.jpg
cf1c250ee5448d465ee0e996463b22dc.jpg
9f27e55b1e800b091169004402fd37d1.jpg
3a1706fb7981c630df162f632c3cf171.jpg

I have helped a couple guys do 3rd gen twins from them and there were some fitment issues. But I've had issues with fitment from other companies as well.

Last edited:
Ok. I have an email into Carl now. I'm hoping to get some good results!!

I should clarify that I do really like his stuff. I am just a little frustrated with the downtime. I guess I just feel with how much it cost I should be getting a little more plug and play!!

Again his stuff is quality built stuff. His 1st and 2nd gen products kick ass!

Ok update. Crazy Carl responded to my email very quickly and asked for some pics to see exactly what was going on

cf3a7b9d45e0cbdc8ddccaa987d145a9.jpg

Here is one the pics of the issue I sent him.

With the spring gate installed the compressor outlet is directly behind the cold pipe making it impossible to install the intercooler pipe

The spring gate interferes with the compressor cover how again? It seems rotating the compressor housing to the correct spot and then rotating the bearing housing so the drain is on the bottom should resolve everything. Unless the spring gate somehow is integrated into one of those things?

You do know you can rotate the compressor cover separate from the cartridge right? How I read that your oil drain is off center when your wastegate is in the correct spot is what makes me think that.

You do know you can rotate the compressor cover separate from the cartridge right? How I read that your oil drain is off center when your wastegate is in the correct spot is what makes me think that.

You can't rotate the compressor cover because the spring waste gate mounts to the compressor cover.

That is the problem

Can it be remounted to the comp housing, have a pic of the back side.

I think my easiest solution would to modify the spring wastegate in a way that allows the compressor outlet to be turned to the correct position

That's what I was trying to say, looks to be easy enough. Good luck!!

Damn this has been one pain in the ass!!! Waiting on a fitting to come in tomorrow and hoping to get this together and running!!! With a little luck!

Ok. Time for an update, turbos are in everything is together, just waiting on a couple extra boost gauges and a new egt probe.

I was able to start and drive her a little today and while this was not easy to get to here I am extremely happy now!!! Truck sounds awesome. Both turbos are brand new so I have only lightly accelerated and only on a stock tune but I can't wait to let her rip!!!

Once the turbos are broke in and the gauges are fully installed and twins are tuned right.

Turbos do not have a break in period FYI.

Gad you got it figure out man!

Back