3RD gen PDR towing twins

ylo73z

I have the pdr towing twins on my truck now...I know i have out grown them now....im trying to get my truck in to the 10s with or with out the bottle...what turbos can and should i replace my exhisting turbos with ???i was thinking of a s300 over a s480 what do you guys think and how difficult will it be to make the changes or should i just start over from scratch? im not too concerned about being laggy on the street as long as its not rediclous...

i can do that but they set me back 4600 buck and they only got 20k miles on them...so im going to want quite a bit still

What fuel mods are you running?

You can replace the 35 with a 40, or go with two new chargers.

I'd sell them and build another set... be prepared to take a loss on your current set, but at least you'll recoup some of what you spent.

I just installed a set from DDP.. Very responsive, and ran 128 on diesel only on a short 28'' tire. The tranny was also acting a little wierd.. I didn't reset for tire size. Made 844 on diesel only and my heads never been off..

yeah that sounds like some thing i would be interested in....i dont do daily driving with this truck i drive on the street on the weekends to abuse the gassers but thats about it... i would like to just replace the chargers but if thats not a option i will look in to selling the set or putting them on my dd a 2000 ram its got a htt 64 on it ...if i put the twins on it i would free up the 64 turbo i could use with a different bottom turbo .....and as far as fuel i have industrial injection 5 hole at .010 edm injectors with dual fuelers and a smarty tntr on it....i have a schied pulling cam in it studs and fire rings so boost dosnt scare me too much ....

How about a Silver Bullet over a S4? or just the II Race twins, they are the same thing. You might want some bigger sticks though.

How about a Silver Bullet over a S4? or just the II Race twins, they are the same thing. You might want some bigger sticks though.

I ran a SPS 66 over an S4T and it worked very well, boost/drive were 1 to 1 at like 78 lbs as best I remember, this is with the internal gate so a Bullet and or an external gate would be better.

Jim

how much modifiying would be needed to exhisting set to do what you guys are talking about??.or are my pdr's out the window...

you'd have to modify the hot pipe, the cold pipe, new flanges, etc. essentially building a new kit.

might as well get some money out of your existing kit and build a new one

S4T - $1425
SB66- $2050

So your looking at $1500 in piping, lines, ect. It just depends how much your time is worth. If you can find some good used turbos you could save quite a bit building them yourself.

im going to start looking for a buyer for my towing twins..then ill start looking in to a whole set...

Back