3rd gen pulling suspension help please???

CTD03

One Hot 03
OK i got the good old 3rd gen and the suspension is terrible in the back

my current pulling set up is

pac brake air bags 100 psi
and clamped leaf springs and that it

i do have stops made to go in but i am afraid of bounce

so should i just add to my spring pack or run my stops to see if i can keep the truck from hopping?

run the blocks and you will like it more i need to block my rear end as well if you block it you will not need 100psi in your bags

OK i got the good old 3rd gen and the suspension is terrible in the back

my current pulling set up is

pac brake air bags 100 psi
and clamped leaf springs and that it

i do have stops made to go in but i am afraid of bounce

so should i just add to my spring pack or run my stops to see if i can keep the truck from hopping?

If you run the proper gear for your horsepower (along with proper tires) then you should not bounce with your blocks.

If you run the proper gear for your horsepower (along with proper tires) then you should not bounce with your blocks.

i don't really understand what your going with u have the info i am looking for i know that but what i am saying is that i am getting bad squatting and would like to know what the guys do with the 3rd gens if they stiffen up the suspension or just put stops in

i tried 3rd low and just bounce off rev limiter

i run 4-4low that should help u and air bags no blocks not yet anyways my wedsit is in my sig if that help u

I run 1" travel blocks no bounce. Also i have a set that jack up the back of the truck about 3-4" no bounce. Tire psi and gearing play a big part

so build stop with adjustable travel sounds good

should i run them with my air bags?

so build stop with adjustable travel sounds good

should i run them with my air bags?

If you are blocked solid it wont matter. And really it shouldnt matter either way cause once the chain is pulled tight there goes your 1" of travel if it were me i would ditch the bags.

If you are blocked solid it wont matter. And really it shouldnt matter either way cause once the chain is pulled tight there goes your 1" of travel if it were me i would ditch the bags.

that's how i am adjusting for when i put weight in my truck squats way to much

so adding more leaf springs my a help the height and block the suspension?

that's how i am adjusting for when i put weight in my truck squats way to much

so adding more leaf springs my a help the height and block the suspension?

If you're blocked solid, it wont matter how much weight you have in the bed. With your truck empty, put the block in that gives you the stance you want. Then go crazy adding everything else. You can jack the back of the truck up if you have to to slide a bigger block in.

most of my classes want 2" of travel well fpp does grr

if i jack the back up and make it solid what about the front
wont that cause a weird shake?

You do have traction bars, don't you?

NO i am saving money for them

i am a one man show no help from others

what kinda of bars of yours would be good i like to drag and pull this truck does every thing

Last edited:
Get some traction bars then ask us about hopping.

IMG_1080.JPG

I make these, that are made from DOM tubing, with urethane bushings and a front shackle. Single link bars, are alright for sled pulling but brutal on the street. These allow for movement, without binding. Induced torque pulls on the upper bar and pushes on the lower bar. The torque is transmitted into the front mount adding lift, to help transfer weight. The bars come 65 and 80" lengths. Lower tube 1.5 od x 0.219 wall DOM

gosh piecing your stuff together man of wisdom

you might take his advice he has truck pulled for a couple years. you can get some blocks made at a local machine if you find a guy thats reasonable thats what I did and then had someone make some traction bars. im no help on gearing choice becuase I run an auto I dont know you best gear to choose

you might take his advice he has truck pulled for a couple years. you can get some blocks made at a local machine if you find a guy thats reasonable thats what I did and then had someone make some traction bars. im no help on gearing choice becuase I run an auto I dont know you best gear to choose

O i am taking his advice
trust me on that i am saving a couple of PMs from him. he just well i would like to meet him in person some day and have a :Cheer: and learn me still a youngin

i am going to get some blocks made and traction bars

i do clamp my leaf spring should i still keep clamping them after the traction bars get made????

Back