3rd gen pulling suspension help please???

[QUOTE IMO that's kinda low for the rears and could certainly be contributing to el-bounco

Yup air mine up to 65 0r 70 psi. the flex and twist of the tire could be a factor.

Leaving the line has alot to do with bounce. I air up the rears, and play with the fronts based on track bite. In 3 years of pulling, the truck has maybe hopped once, and you barely even notice it. I am guessing this is cause I don't have enough power to have that problem.

I would say the more you load the truck up before you take off the less your chance is of bouncing. I would say you have more than eunf power to bounce. i mostly see trucks that are way under powerd bounce.

The last pulls I have been at the about 60% of the manuals haven't been able to get off the line without bouncing. I guess that is the nice thing about having an auto.

SO what should i do about the weaker suspension in the 3rd gen

i am getting tons of info on what i need to do to not have bounce

what i need to do is my list

1 get traction bars
2 air up back tires to 50-60 psi
3 leave the line softer but still have the rpm up
4.make stops

should i still air down the front tires?

1 get traction bars
4.make stops

1. YES
4. YES
2. YES
3. Your gonna have to play with that. Some tracks, you may just want to blow the tires off at the line to get up on the charger, or they are so bity that you will bounce. Others you may want to walk it out aways. Trial and error.

1 get traction bars
4.make stops

2. Airing up tires does not necessarily help eliminate bounce in fact I have found that it will increase bounce on the stickier tracks.
However reducing tire pressure will result in a lower hitch height.
3. Load up the truck as mentioned in another post and break the tires loose.
Leaving the line under partial throttle is asking for trouble.

I have ran tire pressures from 40psi to 70psi in the rears.
Reducing tire pressure up front is always a must...just how much will be up to you. I have ran all the way down the 25psi and up to 35psi.

Depending on how much weight you can hang will be a factor in determining your desired front tire pressure. I could usually only hang about 3-400lbs so I always run my tires pretty low to compensate..
Really I could run them lower and be fine.

Last edited:
Back