4,000 rpm VP?

KILLER 'B'

Pro Wrench Turner
Ok, now i know everyone has a 'hard on' for 4,000 rpm with a VP.. But I'm just wondering, is there anyone else that hits 4,000 without a redline or an adrenaline?

Quick timeline..:

Friend of mine buys 98.5 24 valve stick...
He buys an adrenaline (around time of its release) It sucked.. It surged.. I loaded a program in it (don't remember which one) It was running pretty smooth and i went to get on the highway and i put it in 3rd and hammered down. it pulled all the way to 4,000 rpm and I pushed the clutch in to shift and the truck shut off... VP Fail.. :bang...

While the truck is down he sold the adrenaline and bought a comp, HRVP, and 7x.012's (150's)... Truck always ran kind of good for what it was.. One day I was free revving the truck and it started to de-fuel at like 2500, which I thought was weird.. I pushed the pedal down more and it went for a loop and i took my foot off the pedal.. It was still climbing super fast, but it made it all the way to 3,500 easy.. WTF!? it's not my truck so I didn't want to experiment too much, because he babies the **** out of this truck...

So.. Then he pulls with it and carries 3,800- 4,000 rpm down the track..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCTl0jD-sjw

So now, the truck has .093 lines, crossovers, HRVP, 7x.012's with lift (240's), Smarty, Comp, stock turbo, but soon he will have a 66/71/14 on it... Still pulls to 4,000 like a batoutofhell...

Any input...?

I saw about 4200- 4300 out of mine messin around, 4lo boosted launch shifter in second. that was drag comp 250s and 2.6, but on the track it would only carry 34 3500 max in loose stuff 3rd locked.

When I ran my 99' at the drag strip with the Adrenaline, my no-lift 3-4 shift would result in a max rpm of 3920 to 3940. I don't know if that's where it maxed out on my truck or if that's all the higher it would go before I grabbed 4th gear.

My truck has stock valve train so I rarely push it past 3500 rpm.

just FYI, 7x12s are alot bigger than 150s. More like a 220-240 injector
Ok, now i know everyone has a 'hard on' for 4,000 rpm with a VP.. But I'm just wondering, is there anyone else that hits 4,000 without a redline or an adrenaline?
Quick timeline..:

Friend of mine buys 98.5 24 valve stick...
He buys an adrenaline (around time of its release) It sucked.. It surged.. I loaded a program in it (don't remember which one) It was running pretty smooth and i went to get on the highway and i put it in 3rd and hammered down. it pulled all the way to 4,000 rpm and I pushed the clutch in to shift and the truck shut off... VP Fail.. :bang...

While the truck is down he sold the adrenaline and bought a comp, HRVP, and 7x.012's (150's)... Truck always ran kind of good for what it was.. One day I was free revving the truck and it started to de-fuel at like 2500, which I thought was weird.. I pushed the pedal down more and it went for a loop and i took my foot off the pedal.. It was still climbing super fast, but it made it all the way to 3,500 easy.. WTF!? it's not my truck so I didn't want to experiment too much, because he babies the **** out of this truck...

So.. Then he pulls with it and carries 3,800- 4,000 rpm down the track..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCTl0jD-sjw

So now, the truck has .093 lines, crossovers, HRVP, 7x.012's with lift (240's), Smarty, Comp, stock turbo, but soon he will have a 66/71/14 on it... Still pulls to 4,000 like a batoutofhell...

Any input...?

either way you might pull 4000 rpm's but at those r's there won't be an ypower unless runnning a redline. all the programmers can't fully fuel past 2800, the ecm shuts it done

just FYI, 7x12s are alot bigger than 150s. More like a 220-240 injector

FYI.. If you can get a hold of Jon link, argue with him. We got the 7x.012 150's and 7x.012 w/ lift which are 240's, from him directly

either way you might pull 4000 rpm's but at those r's there won't be an ypower unless runnning a redline. all the programmers can't fully fuel past 2800, the ecm shuts it done

Well that is what this thread is about. Truck in question does have power up there.

FYI.. If you can get a hold of Jon link, argue with him. We got the 7x.012 150's and 7x.012 w/ lift which are 240's, from him directly.

Jon Link passed away a few weeks back.

also, JL's 150's are not a 7x.012

Put your trucks on a dyno and quit goin by a seat of the pants feel. Your hp starts dropping off pretty fast.

FYI.. If you can get a hold of Jon link, argue with him. We got the 7x.012 150's and 7x.012 w/ lift which are 240's, from him directly

Well that is what this thread is about. Truck in question does have power up there.

Where have you been?:bang

Wow. I wad being sarcastic. I know. You can't get ahold of him :bang

and yes they were 7x.012's and yes they were 150's. We had a competitors 150 set in the truck as well that were 8 hole and truck made simialar horsepower. I'm not asking for injector comments.

Really? I don't need someone telling me that Jon was wrong. The injectors came from him and that's it.

Let me clear this up, Jon's 150hp injector was 7x0.010", and the 240hp injector was 7x0.012", trust me. Back to the subject at hand, you may be surprised to see how many of the higher RPM VP44's are pre '01-02.

Back